University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Enter to learn, leave to serve!|
|Not specified for any specific religion or sect|
|Chancellor||Masood Khan (President of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Pakistan)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Muhammad Kaleem Abbasi|
|800 to 850|
|650 to 700|
|Students||15,000 to 16,000|
|Undergraduates||9,000 to 10,000|
|Postgraduates||5,000 to 6,000|
|Campus||Urban and rural|
|Language||English and Urdu|
|Colours||Blue and white|
|Affiliations||Pakistan Engineering Council, Higher Education Commission, Bar Council of Azad Jammu and kashmir, National Computing Education Accreditation Council|
The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir is located in Muzaffarabad, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan. It was established in 1980, and is currently ranked at No.16 in HEC ranking of General category universities in Pakistan.
Basic Information, Faculties and Departments
It is a multi discipline and multi campus University. The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir is the biggest educational institution in Azad Jammu and Kashmir. It consists of four faculties i.e., faculty of sciences, faculty of arts, faculty of health sciences and faculty of engineering. The more than 15,000 students are from different areas of Azad Kashmir, Punjab, Khaber Pakhtun Khawa and Gilgit Baltistan. The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir has developed in both academic and administrative directions. During the regional 2005 earthquake, most of the buildings at the Muzaffarabad and Rawalakot campuses were destroyed. The new replacement campus financed by Saudi Arabia, known as King Abdullah campus covering than 1800 kanals (0.91 km2), was handed over to the University in October 2019. The old Chahella campus is also being updated and developed. The University also has one campus in the newly formed district of Hattian Bala, one campus in the Nelum Valley and a women's campus in the Bagh district. The temporary city campus financed by the Turkish Government will move to the new King Abdullah Campus and the number of faculties and departments will also be increased. The University is producing graduates, MPhil scholars and PhD doctors. The University has an Institute of Kashmir Studies that provides education about history of State of Kashmir. The Institute of Geology is one of the oldest department of the University and one of the finest Institutions of Geology in Pakistan.
Faculty of Sciences
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Computer Sciences and Information technology
- Department of Biotechnology
- Kashmir Institute of Geology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Law
- Department of Urdu Language
- Department of Sociology and Rural Development
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Institute of Languages
- Institute of Kashmir Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Department of Public Health Sciences
- Department of Allied Health Sciences
- Kamal. "The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir - Muzaffarabad Azad Kashmir". ajku.edu.pk. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- Shujaat Bukhari. "The other Kashmir". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- University of Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. "AJKU".
- "Jocation.com - Jobs in Pakistan, Courses in Pakistan, Study Abroad - Education, Careers, Study Abroad and Visa information". Archived from the original on 27 June 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|