University of Huddersfield Business School
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
The University of Huddersfield Business School is a school of the University of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. It consists of five academic departments: Accountancy & Finance; Law (known as the Law School); People, Management and Organisations; Logistics, Operations and Hospitality Management and Strategy, Marketing and Economics. In addition, the School has a Business Placement Unit and a Learning Development Group.
The School was newly opened in September 2010. Its construction was funded by a £16.5 million investment from the University. The School has four floors, containing several teaching rooms, computer labs, toilet facilities, a cafe, staff offices (for all component departments of the School) and a main reception.
- The Dean of the School is Professor Chris Cowton.
- The Head of the Department of Accountancy and Finance is Wilma Teviotdale.
- The acting Head of Law School is Sean Curley.
- The Head of the Department of People, Management and Organisations is Janet Handley.
- The Head of the Department of Strategy, Marketing & Economics is Dr John Anchor.
- The Head of the Department of Logistics, Operations and Hospitality Management is Professor Samir Dani
The University was awarded a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade in 2013. The award specifically recognised the growth in international students in the Business School and the quality of support provided for those students.