|Founder||Steven Osborn, Scott Kveton, Adam Lowry, Michael Richardson|
Urban Airship is an American company that provides a mobile engagement platform and digital wallet solution.
In 2009, Urban Airship was founded by Steven Osborn, Scott Kveton, Adam Lowry, and Michael Richardson. The company received $1.1 million in Series A funding in February 2010, and then received $5.4 million in Series B funding in November of the same year. On November 5, 2011 Urban Airship received $15.1 million in Series C funding from Salesforce.com, Intel, and Verizon, among others.
In 2011, Urban Airship acquired SimpleGeo on October 31, 2011. SimpleGeo developed toolsets allowing developers to more easily create location aware mobile applications and had partnered with Urban Airship for an integrated solution shortly before their acquisition. Urban Airship discontinued SimpleGeo services on March 31, 2012.
In December 2012, Urban Airship acquired Tello, another True Ventures-backed startup. Urban Airship acquired Tello in an all-stock deal in order to integrate PassTools, Tello's Apple Passbook management product, into its current offering.
On February 6, 2013 the company announced additional funding of $25 million from Foundry Group, Intel Capital, True Ventures and Verizon. In October 2014 the company announced another $12.1 million in Series D funding from existing investors. In February of that year the company picked up an additional $9 million in venture funding, bringing total funding to $67.6 million.
In July 2014, Scott Kveton stepped down as CEO. In October of that same year Brett Caine was hired as CEO. Caine was previously the president of Citrix Online.
- "Urban Airship Announces Series A Round Led by True Ventures". Fierce Wireless.
- "Urban Airship Closes $5.4 Million Funding Round To Help Power Mobile Apps". Tech Crunch.
- Rogoway, Mike (November 15, 2011). "Intel backs Urban Airship, establishes $100 million fund for mobile investment". The Oregonian. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "Urban Airship acquired SimpleGeo (confirmed)". Venture Beat.
- "Urban Airship To Shutter SimpleGeo Services In March, With Factual Picking Up The Slack". TechCrunch.
- "Update on our plan to integrate location and context services into our push messaging platform".
- "Urban Airship Acquires Tello For Apple Passbook Tools". Forbes.
- Fried, Ina (February 6, 2015). "Urban Airship Nabs $25 Million in Additional Funding". All Things D. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- Soper, Taylor (October 22, 2014). "Urban Airship raises $12.1M, looks to help more developers market mobile apps". GeekWire. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- Soper, Taylor (February 20, 2015). "Mobile startup Urban Airship lands $9 million, names new execs". GeekWire. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Rogoway, Mike (October 9, 2014). "Urban Airship hires CEO: former Citrix Online president Brett Caine". The Oregonian. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Urban Airship.|
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|