From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ure may refer to:
- Ure, Albania
- River Ure
- Ure Museum of Greek Archaeology, Reading, England
- Oriya people, and Indian gotra also known as the "Ures"
- Ure or urus, French for Aurochs
As a surname of Scottish origin:
- Alan Ure, English football manager
- Alexander Ure, 1st Baron Strathclyde (1853–1928), Scottish politician and judge
- Andrew Ure, (1778–1857), Scottish doctor, scholar and chemist
- Annie Ure (1893–1976), curator of Ure Museum of Greek Archaeology, wife of Percy Ure
- Gudrun Ure (born 1926), Scottish actress
- Ian Ure (born 1939), Scottish footballer
- Jean Ure (born 1943), English children's author
- Joan Ure, pen name of Elizabeth Clark (1918–1978), English-Scottish poet and playwright
- Sir John Ure (diplomat) (born 1931), British diplomat (retired) and writer
- Mary Ure (1933–1975), Scottish actress
- Midge Ure (born 1953), Scottish musician
- Percy Ure (1879–1950), British classics professor, founder of Ure Museum of Greek Archaeology, husband of Annie Ure
- William Ure (1913–2001), Canadian politician
URE may refer to:
- Unrecoverable read error rate, a media assessment measure related to the hard disk drive storage technology
- Universal Network Objects Runtime Environment, an independent OpenOffice.org component model
- Kuressaare Airport (IATA airport code)
- University Radio Essex, campus radio station for the University of Essex
- Unión de Radioaficionados Españoles, an amateur radio organization in Spain
- Xpression FM, campus radio station for the University of Exeter, which used to be named University Radio Exeter.
- Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia, Ukrainian abbreviation (Ukrainian: Українська радянська енциклопедія, Ukrayinska Radyanska Entsyklopediya, URE)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ure.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.