|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
I'm a Computer Science PhD graduate from the University of Warwick. For the least few years, as evidenced by the edit counts of me and my bot , I seem to have spent a worrying amount of time turning myself into a Wikipediholic. No good can come of it, I'm sure….
I haven't added much in the way of new articles, but Wikipedia acts as a vast playground for my inner pedant; I've done a lot of spelling, punctuation and grammar corrections, along with miscellaneous cleaning of markup. These days, I have a bot to help me roll the boulder up the hill. I rationalise it to myself by saying that some time in the near future, somebody's going to figure out how to make a weakly superhuman AI. Soon after they do, they'll feed a Wikipedia database dump into it, and what will we do when our new lightning fast children learn bad grammar, unreliable spelling, have no feel for beautiful flowing prose? Worse, what will we do when they proceed to spam us senseless with it? It will be a linguistic tragedy of Orwellian proportions!
Every now and then, the little pills they give me seem to work, my pedant goes to sleep for a bit, and on these occasions I've been known to fix factual errors or add extra information to the odd article.
The Tireless Contributor Barnstar
Awarded by ≈ jossi ≈ t • @ for your tireless work in correcting spelling, punctuation and the many malformed wikilinks we leave behind when we edit.
|The Barnstar of High Culture|
|Awarded for your work in getting Red vs Blue up to featured article status.|
Notes to self
- Wikipedia:Project Galatea
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Fix common mistakes
- Wikipedia:List of common misspellings
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Wiki Syntax
- Wikipedia:Edit summary legend
- Wikipedia:List of Wikipedians by number of edits
- Wikipedia:Database download
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- The Python Wikipedia Robot Framework
- American and British English differences
- Copyedit Motorola 68000 further
- Spectrum Holobyte game list
- Classic Mac software: Continuum, Red Ryder, MacBASIC, SoundEdit, and Mac viruses.
- Archimedes/BBC Micro software: Cataclysm, Music 500, Music 5000