|Talk page policy:
- 1 Archived Discussions
- 2 FYI
- 3 Stanley Parable pictures
- 4 Dredd
- 5 Ian Scott (artist)
- 6 Holiday wishes!
- 7 Sega CD FAC
- 8 Menacer
- 9 Edge 241
- 10 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Fez
- 11 Re: approaching video game studios and getting assets released
- 12 Orphaned non-free image File:Final Fight 2 - Gameplay.png
- 13 Wikipedia:AFG
- 14 GTA V FAC
- 15 Let me know
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 A small favor
- 18 FAC
- 19 Quick Question
- 20 DYK nomination of Boss Fight Books
- 21 June 2014
- 22 Notice of Edit warring noticeboard discussion
- 23 DYK for Boss Fight Books
- 24 Annotating the Dota 2 map
- 25 incite scans
- 26 Untitled eighth-generation Codemasters Formula One project
- 27 GamesTM 108
- 28 WP:CIV
- 29 Notice
- 30 Orphaned non-free image File:GRIN (company).jpg
- 31 God of War III FAC
Archive 1 - 15 discussions - Hahnchen 14:54, 14 November 2005 (UTC)
Archive 6 - 27 discussions - hahnchen 01:53, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- Commons:Commons:Undeletion_requests/Current_requests#Discussion_on_signs --evrik (talk) 21:33, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Stanley Parable pictures
Were you the one that got in contact with the Stanley Parable team to get the free licenses? If so, first then thanks a lot for getting that, and secondly, do you think it would be possible to them to also give us a title/infobox card (even if the same as presently used) and any equivalent shot from the huge monitor room from the standalone similar to the one in the article? (Because the original mod used Valve assets, I don't think they would be able to make that free). Also, it would be nice if we had a team or individual photos from them and/or Kevan Brightin? If you didn't approach them, I'll try to find out who did and get their help --MASEM (t) 21:50, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
- I thought about the title card - but wasn't sure how necessary/official it was. There didn't seem to be an official logo - Steam just has the wordmark overlaid onto File:The Stanley Parable - Screenshot 08.jpg (a slightly different wordmark compared to the version we're using). The trailer and websites just use the wordmark. I'll ask anyway. - hahnchen 22:16, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi Hahnchen, if you have a moment can you continue your feedback or make further suggestions at the above? I have 3 supports so far but it has been up for a while now, so its coming to the point where it eitehr passes or gets delisted. Darkwarriorblake (talk) 15:36, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi Hahnchen, thanks for restoring the page while it is under discussion. I am feeling bullied in this instance, and your contribution to the discussion would be appreciated.
I wish you success and happiness in your endeavours for this coming year, and I hope we'll be able to carry on improving the wonderful project that is Wikipedia together! Keep rocking on! :)
Sega CD FAC
Hi, would you be willing to take another look at Sega CD and leave some more comments or support? Your comments at the FAC have been very much appreciated and I have ensured their resolution so far. Thank you. Red Phoenix build the future...remember the past... 01:31, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
If you can scan the Mega (#4) coverage for me, I'll add it to the Menacer article. Also how would you suggest going about finding Menacer coverage in American print magazines? 19:41, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- Can you make the request through Special:EmailUser/Hahnchen so that I can email you an attachment? - hahnchen 20:01, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
Hey—would you happen to have Edge 241? I'm looking for the "full interview" with Fez 's Bédard mentioned here and the issue's Fez preview. The reference library drops off after 2010, but I thought it'd be worth asking. Thanks! 16:37, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Edge 241 contains the Fez review which is already referenced in the article. Edge also publish interviews alongside their reviews that don't make it online though, so it's worth chasing up. That issue is in storage, and I won't have access to it until February 1st. If you get access beforehand, let me know so I don't go wasting time. - hahnchen 18:31, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Will do. Thanks!
19:53, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Got a copy from X201. Thanks! 19:34, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
- Will do. Thanks!
Re: approaching video game studios and getting assets released
Anyone who is willing to do what you're doing - approaching video game studios and getting assets released - has an ally in me. If your tickets ever get stuck in OTRS and you need them handled, leave me a message and I'll make sure that everything goes smoothly. As I've asked studios myself a few times, I'd love to compare notes, if you're willing to share your secret to getting them to agree.
- (talk page stalker) Three quick tips from my experience would be (1) having the article written and sourced before approaching the bigger/more bureaucratic studios (that's how I heard back with the Fez assets and Titanfall dev photo, but I don't expect a reply from Ouya with the article's current state), and (2) referencing how other studios or devs on the project have previously donated assets (I'll eventually make a page of the highlights of the donated material I've received), and (3) mentioning that the article will qualify for DYK on the main page and how hooks with images get more views. 06:59, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Having a decent article definitely helps. And approach the indies who don't need to get sign off from the marketing and legal departments. I've tried approaching some of the bigger independent studios, like Crytek and Quantic Dream, but when they get back to me - they will not allow for commercial use. You also need to be persistent, they may not reply the first time around, if they don't, send them one the week after, and the week after. If they're a foreign developer, I might note that their native language Wikipedia does not allow for non-free assets at all. - hahnchen 14:29, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Final Fight 2 - Gameplay.png
Thanks for uploading File:Final Fight 2 - Gameplay.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
GTA V FAC
- I've not played the game, so it's not an article that I'll be reviewing in full. I sometimes review articles for games I've not played or know well, but GTA V is a game that I'm inevitably going to dive right into and would prefer dive into it sight unseen. It's such a popular game that there are bound to be users more qualified to review it. - hahnchen 16:39, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Let me know
- Sorry, your mail got dumped in spam. Only checked it now. Will ping you properly when I send it. - hahnchen 17:31, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Thanks for doing what I couldn't! hamiltonstone (talk) 01:07, 23 March 2014 (UTC)|
A small favor
My computer is being weird where i can't download certain images or PDFs. Currently there is this PDF that i'm trying to view but it wont allow me, and if i download it comes out corrupted. I know how ever if someone sends it to me in a file via email, i will be able to see the contents of the PDF. I was wondering if you email me the PDF for me. the link is here. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Lucia Black (talk) 08:36, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Sent. - hahnchen 14:55, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Hey Hahnchen. I just wanted to see if you would be willing to take a look at this FAC. I contact you because you have reviewed some of my previous FACs and I would value your input on this one. Cheers. → Call me Hahc21 22:46, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
I have noticed you are really active on WikiProject Video Games and I had a quick question. I plan on nominating Battlefield 5 for deletion. Do you think it meets criteria for speedy deletion? Thanks for any help/advice. Chambr (talk) 19:39, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Also, I removed the only reference it had. It was IMDB which is considered unreliable due to it being user-submitted content. Again, thanks for any help/advice you can offer. Chambr (talk) 20:15, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'd be OK with speedying it as a hoax. You should try User:Masem or User:Sergecross73, they're both more active than I am and also admins, so can just delete it. - hahnchen 14:41, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
- A quick search around shows that the only sources mentioning this are from imdb and forum posts that point back to that. As best as I can tell it is a hoax, so I've tagged as a CSD but not deleted in case someone can provide stronger evidence. --MASEM (t) 14:48, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Boss Fight Books
Hello! Your submission of Boss Fight Books at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! 21:32, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
Your recent editing history at Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire shows that you are currently engaged in an edit war. Being involved in an edit war can result in your being blocked from editing—especially if you violate the three-revert rule, which states that an editor must not perform more than three reverts on a single page within a 24-hour period. Undoing another editor's work—whether in whole or in part, whether involving the same or different material each time—counts as a revert. Also keep in mind that while violating the three-revert rule often leads to a block, you can still be blocked for edit warring—even if you don't violate the three-revert rule—should your behavior indicate that you intend to continue reverting repeatedly.
To avoid being blocked, instead of reverting please consider using the article's talk page to work toward making a version that represents consensus among editors. See BRD for how this is done. You can post a request for help at a relevant noticeboard or seek dispute resolution. In some cases, you may wish to request temporary page protection.
Please note that you do not have a consensus to add the contested content to the article and there has been plenty of discussion on Talk:Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire#"CoroCoro leaks" and Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Video games#Request for outside input on Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that says it is a bad idea to put this content up. No amount of making analogies to Edward Snowden makes you right in this matter. The content will be verified beyond the illegally accessed material that is currently unavailable to the public within two hours so just wait. —Ryūlóng (琉竜) 15:01, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Notice of Edit warring noticeboard discussion
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion involving you at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring regarding a possible violation of Wikipedia's policy on edit warring. The thread is Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring#User:Hahnchen reported by User:Ryulong (Result: ). Thank you. —Ryūlóng (琉竜) 15:25, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Boss Fight Books
|On 15 June 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Boss Fight Books, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that Ken Baumann's book on the SNES video game EarthBound was the first title published by Boss Fight Books? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Boss Fight Books. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Annotating the Dota 2 map
I'm glad you appreciate the annotated Dota 2 map so much. Now, I am at the maximum number of annotations, but would you agree that it would be a beneficial to condense the number so that there are single markers for the Ancients plus the tier 4 towers, in order to make room for Roshan? DARTHBOTTO talk•cont 18:23, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi. WP:VG/RL lists you as having an issue of incite with a Warren Spector interview. I'm helping User:GamerPro64 and User:czar track down sources for Deus Ex, and that sounds like it could be useful. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind scanning it for me? Thanks a ton. JimmyBlackwing (talk) 19:10, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- JimmyBlackwing, sorry for getting back to you so late, but I've been busy. The magazine is in storage, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it until after summer. For a game as storied as Deus Ex, I'm sure you won't need it, but if you drop me an email I will get you a copy when I can. - hahnchen 20:25, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- JimmyBlackwing - I got hold of it earlier than anticipated. Ping me an email. - hahnchen 13:33, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Untitled eighth-generation Codemasters Formula One project
Hahnchen, please stop editing 2015 Formula One season and Untitled eighth-generation Codemasters Formula One project to be a series of redirects.
Although the article currently relies on a single source, that source has come directly from the developer, and so it is not CRYSTAL. You claim that the article has a "stupid title", but that title has been chosen to avoid CRYSTAL. It is currently an untitled game, it is being developed for eighth-generation consoles by Codemasters, and is the next title in the Formula One series. The title best fits the article at the moment.
- Wow, I've only seen now that you emailed me almost after this message. Thank you very much!! Gabriel Yuji (talk) 19:24, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Seriously now, you need to lay off making unsupported accusations about other editors and their motives and concentrate more on sources and article content. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 00:42, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
- The entire talk page section at Talk:Gamergate_controversy#POV_Issues_within_Subpage was caused by your insistence on elevating a talk piece into an image caption. I'd already previously commented on how the talk page was a waste of time so I get quite annoyed when I have to engage with clueless/facetious stuff such as this. - hahnchen 03:00, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:GRIN (company).jpg
Thanks for uploading File:GRIN (company).jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).