|Traded as||NASDAQ:  CVGW]]|
|Industry||Consumer Goods-Farm Products|
|Headquarters||Santa Paula, California, US|
|Revenue||$ 691.45 million (As of 2013[update])|
Number of employees
|1,848 (As of 2014[update])|
Calavo Growers, Inc. (NASDAQ: CVGW) is an international consumer goods and farm products company. The company processes, packages, and distributes avocados and other fruits, as well as their processed food to restaurants, stores, and individual customers worldwide. While the company is based in Santa Paula, California, avocado production is cultivated throughout the state of California, as well as Central and South America. Calavo Growers was established in 1924. The company operates its business through three segments including Fresh Products segment, Calavo Fruits segment and Renaissance Fruit Group (RFG).  The company has been listed on the America's Best Small Company list by Forbes.  The company was assessed as a great value stock to pick by Zacks Investment Research.
Calavo Growers produces fresh avocados and processed avocado food in California, Mexico, and Chile. Besides, it also processed and distribute other fruit products such as tomatoes and Hawaiian produced papayas. Their products are distributed primarily in California and throughout the US consumer food market. While the company posted a 35 percent gain on net sales in the fiscal fourth quarter (ending October 2014), compared to the same time period the previous year, the company's production of avocado was negatively impacted due to the 2014 California drought.
- "CVGW Key Statistics | Calavo Growers, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "CALAVO GROWERS INC (CVGW:NASDAQ GS): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "CVGW Profile | Calavo Growers, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- "Calavo Growers Inc (CVGW.O) People Reuters.com". reuters.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Calavo Growers on the Forbes America's Best Small Companies List". 2013-10. Retrieved 2014-02-19. Check date values in:
- "Why Calavo Growers (CVGW) is such a Great Value Stock Pick Right Now?". 2014-01. Retrieved 2014-02-21. Check date values in:
- "Calavo Growers, Inc.: NASDAQ:CVGW quotes & news - Google Finance". Google.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- Brewer, Reuben (2014-02-09). "If You Love Avocados, You Will Want to Read This". Fool.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.