|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Due to the relatively slow or discontinuous Internet connection in the Philippines, I cannot edit here on English Wikipedia on a regular basis. My reasons would be stated below.
My status here would be "on and off" and at irregular intervals.
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
I chose to add this notice above my userpage, as I cannot make active edits here on enwiki for one reason (see this section of my talkpage). But I won't be totally retiring 'cos enwiki still needs my little help, even though I'm a constant FreeBasics user.
I will only participate in discussions involving me and in Wikipedia:Media copyright questions (if it involves enwiki files that are questionable to be moved to Commons).
- See also:
Moving files of some structures/landmarks in the Philippines to Commons (for these images to be made available at Tagalog Wikipedia)
The most important guideline: Wikipedia:Moving files to Commons. Take note (from the former excerpt of the said guideline): As of July 2012, bots such as Fbot and Svenbot started tagging files for transfer to Commons, based mainly on the licenses that those files used. Files tagged by the bot are kept separate from files tagged by humans, and can be found at Category:Copy to Wikimedia Commons (bot-assessed). Aside from being kept in a subcategory, any file tagged by one of those programs has a LARGE RED WARNING LEVEL indicating that it was tagged by a bot. While it is important to thoroughly check all files before you transfer them, it is especially important to check files tagged by the bot, because unlike humans, the bot has no way of knowing if the licenses that were used when the files were uploaded are accurate or not.
- Some guidance
- Commons:FOP#Philippines (although is is not the case for several buildings/landmarks/structures that were built before 1960s and/or have no special architecture type)
- Commons:Copyright rules by territory#The Philippines
- Some discourse about the related FOP issues
- Commons:Undeletion requests/Archive/2017-01#File:Rizal_Monument.jpg
- Wikipedia:Media copyright questions/Archive/2016/December#Validity and legitimacy of Do not move to commons tag at File:Avenida rizal manila.jpg and File:Makati ayala avenue.jpg - contained my question regarding some images of Philippines roads and De minimis.
Additional help/guidance from other editors
- AntiCompositeNumber (new discussion) (enwiki file mover & new page reviewer)
- Finnusertop (new discussion)
- Korean Rail Fan (new discussion)
- Magog the Ogre (new discussion) (enwiki admin)
- Nyttend (new discussion) (enwiki admin)
- P199 (new discussion)
- RioHondo (new discussion)
- SA 13 Bro (new discussion)
- TagaSanPedroAko (new discussion)
- Waggers (new discussion) (enwiki admin)