Name: Leah 2 Heilige in German!
For the Ma biography
- Paul Burgess (musician)
- Bernt Rosengren
Hi! I am an editor and biographer of musicians for the online encyclopedia, the Wikipedia. I 've been meaning to contact you so forgive me if I am repeating myself! I have been looking for photographs of particular musicians, and I saw your photostream!
I wanted to ask you about your photos- are you the photographer? I wanted to ask about this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barabbovich/2933091825/ (kenny passarelli ) We use Creative Commons licensing, which I can explain if you are int4erested, since we only accept two of the six licenses listed. Would you be interested in allowing any of your photograph(s) to be displayed in articles about musicians on the Wikipedia? Each article is still new and needs work. The Wikipedia is very serious about copyright, and your name and your photo-stream would be connected to the photograph. I see that you are familiar with Creative Commons licenses. We can only accept two of the licenses: either the Attribution (BY) or Attribution Share-Alike (BY-SA) which are outlined here: www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ I am sorry about this, but if an article ever makes it to Featured Article status, we sometimes make them available for sale to schools, to pay for the servers that run the Wikipedias.
If you have another website where you display your photos, that can also be linked to the photo along with your name and this site. Some professional photographers like to have their photos showcased in the Wikipedias because they gain a wider exposure for their photos. Even if you do have enough exposure, it would be a kindness to allow use in any of the articles that are written in many languages! I see you are familiar
Please consider this request and contact me if you have any questions, and tell me your choice. Thanks so much for your time in reading this note!
Sincerely, Leah DosSantos
firstname.lastname@example.org "leahtwosaints" is my editor's username en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Leahtwosaints (editor's page)
PS-- regular email works best because Flickr mail doesn't let us copy and paste some things here.
Laws regarding photo upload dates in the USA
- [http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States
1 January 2012]
Awards for JP
- November 5, 2005 The State Maryland's Top Students Honor Their Best Teachers Pease voted at top]
- (2008) Mentoring Award USM
- Inspire Integrity Award 2009
- [UMD Professor Wins Inspire Integrity Awards Feb. 13, 2009]
- Scholarship in honor of Professor John Pease
- [Poverty in America;Social Stratification & Inequality;Professor Mom: Woman's Work in a Man's World (Current class loads by Pease]
Need pics- Rik?
List of my photo uploads that are not musicians
- The Helix Bridge
- Coruña City Hall in Cadiz, Spain : (On the Spanish Wikipedia only)
- Iguana iguanda in Greece, 2008
Flickr 2 answer
Thanks so much for your response. You have so many talented and beautiful photos! Because I edit biographies of musicians on the Wikipedia, I feel like a child in a candy store! My attention is primarily biographical photos.
To allow us to show your photo, we must have help with licensing. We can accept only 2 of the 6 Creative Commons licenses available. There is a chart here in Flickr that outline them: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/
As mentioned, we only may accept two of the licenses: "Attribution"-- means we must keep a connection to you as the photographer. OR--
The other is "Attribution-Share Alike"-- means we must keep a connection to you as the photographer, AND a link to where the photo was found. Also, if you have another professional photographer's website, be sure to let me know, and I'll be sure to link that to it as well. I would choose this option, as it gives you a bit more control over your work, but also many photographers like the visibility their work receives around the world.
Please let me know when you change the license for the photo, or if you find a problem. Either way. It is far better to contact me by email if possible, but you can write me with this Flickr mail. Please contact me even if you change your mind, or have any questions. Email is best.. Sincerely, Leah DosSantos
How I am doing, 1/10/2016
Following up on the Hospital thing- I still haven't healed from the operations I underwent in October 2013 - unbelievable. I also have a new computer I haven't figured out. I prefer my old XP to be honest. I am in pain every minute of every single day, and am starting to retain more of my short-time memory so perhaps this will become therapeutic since my fingers can move now. After that coma back at the start, it's pretty hard t9 focus, so bear with me!! :) --Leahtwosaints (talk) 18:43, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- Following up on the Hospital thing: It began with the first surgeon who found me unconscious & comatose in the ER of the hospital, behind the little shower curtain area, waiting. In working on my lower abdomen, he'd punctured one lung (while working on my bowels??!), so the other lung kept filling with fluid. This necessitated both 1) a change of surgeons to the head guy, and, 2) more surgery to fix what he'd screwed up and a tracheotomy. After waking, so many months later, found every fiber of my body had atrophied. The torture of the nurses every 12 hrs. took me months later to fathom. And I could not even speak, much less yell. They were washing my back! It was gravity! But during discharge to a nursing home f could not get two fingers in my hand to touch. Now, I haven't healed from the operations I underwent in late 2013. My Dad added a few edits, misunderstanding a request that I needed him to use my cell phone at least once a month which he also did and a great physical therapist snuck a computer to my nursing home room esp. at night. So NOW I have a new computer for my birthday two years ago, which I haven't figured out. I prefer my old WIN XP to be honest. I am in pain every minute of every single day, and am starting to retain more of my short-time memory so perhaps this will become therapeutic since my fingers can move now. After that coma back at the start, it's pretty hard to focus, so bear with me!! :) --Leahtwosaints (talk) 21:09, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Leahtwosaints (That is my editor's site.)