This is the workshop that supports the Evidence Based Oral Health Practice (ORH3EBP) Group Assignment in the Oral Health program at La Trobe University.
The assignment requires you to:
- Create a Wiki account for yourself – choose a user name that is not your real name and ensure this is given to me
- Access the nominated Wikipedia page on a regular basis throughout the study period
- Decide on the important areas of information that are needed – what information do people need? This could form the basis of ‘sections’ on the page.
- Edit the information on the page to ensure it is evidence based – academic references must be provided to support the information you are using. (1000 words required)
- Engage in the ‘talk’ linked to the Wikipage.
Please find help resources below.
Wikipedia articles and projects
List the articles you're interested in editing, and projects you might collaborate in.
|The Wikipedia Cheatsheet||Welcome to Wikipedia||Adding images||Ten Simple Rules||Using talk pages|
|This one-page quick reference helps you to remember the most frequently used wiki markup commands.||This 17-page guide covers creating a user account, editing basics, communication, and how articles evolve and are evaluated, and includes a quick reference to help you to remember frequently used wiki markup.||describes the types of images that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and how to add an image to a Wikipedia article.||This editorial from PLoS Computation Biology focuses on how to contribute effectively as an expert, and is great for setting expectations before students begin editing.||Handout for Wikipedia Education Program participants teaching them how to use talk pages|