User:Master son/sandbox/List of numbered highways in Wisconsin
Standard Wisconsin Route shield
|Notes:||Wisconsin Highways are generally state-maintained.|
|Interstates:||Interstate X (I-X)|
|US Highways:||U.S. Highway X (US X)|
|State:||(State Trunk) Highway X (STH X or WIS X)|
The organized system of Wisconsin State Trunk Highways (typically abbreviated as STH or WIS), the state highway system for the U.S. state of Wisconsin, was created in 1917 With the original numbers starting at 11 and up to 199. These routes were altered significantly in 1923 when U.S. routes were commissioned. Further alteration occurred when the Interstate Highway System was commissioned in the state. 
Wisconsin Highway markers use Type D FHWA font for all one- and two-digit route numbers and type C for three digit route markers. All routes except Interstate routes use 24 inch x 24 inch or 36 inch x 36 inch markers. Interstate markers for 3d routes are wider shields.
|Number||South or west terminus||North or east terminus||Length (mi)||(km)||Formed||Eliminated|
|I-39||I-39/I-90 towards Rockford, IL
||WIS 29 in Wausau||182||292.90|
|I-43||I-39/I-90 in Beloit||US 41/US 141 in Green Bay||191.55||308.27|
|I-90||I-90 near La Crosse near La Crescent, MN||I-90I-39 towards Rockford, IL||187.14||301.17|
|I-94||I-94 towards St. Paul, MN||I-94 towards Chicago, IL||348||560.05|
|I-535||I-535US 53 in Duluth, MN||US 53/WIS 35 in Superior||2.8||4.51|
|I-794||I-43/I-94/US 41 in Milwaukee||WIS 794 in Milwaukee||3.75||6.035|
|I-494||I-43/I-94/US 41 in Milwaukee||I-94/US 45 in West Allis||9.3||14.967|
Other highways in Wisconsin
- Minnesota State Highway 23 - passes through Wisconsin in Douglas County for about ½ mile.
- County Trunk Highways
- Rustic Roads
- Bannered Routes (Business, Alternate or spur)
- Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive - a marked route that follows county and local roads past historical markers and attractions in the Kettle Moraine.
- Chris Bessert. Wisconsin Highways: Historical Overview 2006. URL accessed 30 December 2006.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Supplement to the Manual on Traffic Control Devices. 1990. URL accessed 30 December 2006
- Bessert, Chris. "Wisconsin Highways: Highways 10-19 (U.S. Highway 10)". Wisconsin Highways. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation, Trunk Highway Log Point files, updated July 2006