Wikipedia image copyright flowchart
This is a series of pages that are designed to help you determine the correct copyright tag for an image and whether it is suitable for Wikipedia. If at the end of the process the image is unsuitable for Wikipedia, but you consider that it is, please pose the question (with your reasoning) at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions.
Did you create the image yourself?
- Yes, it’s a photograph that I personally took.
- Yes, it’s an image I created in a paint program.
- Yes, it’s a screenshot or screen capture of a computer game or program, TV show or movie and the image will be used in an article about it.
- No, it’s a photograph a friend or family member took.
- No, it’s an image a friend or family member created.
- No, I found the image on the Internet.
- No, I scanned the image myself from a book, magazine or document.
- Wikipedia:Non-U.S._copyrights for works published abroad
- Image:Decision Tree on Uploading Images (COM-VPs working copy EN).png
- Wikipedia:Media copyright questions
- Wikipedia:Can I use this work? appears to be an attempt to do the same thing.