Noticed you reverted some of my edits and links. It is noted that all links were to government publications or industry case studies. I question your motives with your mass edits. Please do not let personal agendas/spam interfere with the Wikipedia community. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mitchfrank12 (talk • contribs) 18:40, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- 'Industry case studies' are not appropriate sources or external links on Wikipedia, particularly when you are linking your employer's web site. - MrOllie (talk) 18:42, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
Mr Ollie, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate your concern as we try to protect our Wikipedia community. I do not have a conflict of interest. I am not employed by any employer related to any articles edited nor do I have any outside interest aside from personal research. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mitchfrank12 (talk • contribs) 19:19, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- Your user name's similarity to the author of those studies is quite a coincidence, then. - MrOllie (talk) 19:21, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
I see the confusion, it seems I filled out the citation information wrong for some of those. I will go back and fix any citations that were incorrect. Good catch. Note that you removing all of my edits was inappropriate as only a couple of them were filled out incorrectly from some of my earlier days on Wikipedia. My apologies for thinking you had alternative motives, it does happen here on Wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mitchfrank12 (talk • contribs) 20:09, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- I'll make this simple: Don't restore links to saltworkstech.com, they're not appropriate for Wikipedia. - MrOllie (talk) 20:11, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
Need help on the Ellipse article
Since you previously reverted an edit which I also did, could you please weigh in on the talk page for Ellipse. There are two "signed" editors as well as an anonymous editor who I think are the same person, and it is getting a little frustrating that we are not converging. Thanks. LaurentianShield (talk) 20:09, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- What a shame! One unqualified editor asking another to side with him. The subject does not matter. Only personal issues do. Why won't you go together elsewhere rather than supporting each other for a sick cause?2A00:1370:8128:73E:C811:B591:263B:B6C6 (talk) 22:07, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi MrOllie. I see that you removed the link I provided. In my eyes it is a relevant link though, which contains useful code samples for the LINQ programmer in C#, VB.NET and F#. I also believe it follows the guidelines in What to Link on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:External_links. Hope you will reconsider :-) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bobdk123 (talk • contribs) 10:29, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Language Integrated Query
The edit you reverted complies with all of the guidelines: "Sites that contain neutral and accurate material that is relevant to an encyclopedic understanding of the subject and cannot be integrated into the Wikipedia article due to copyright issues, amount of detail (such as professional athlete statistics, movie or television credits, interview transcripts, or online textbooks), or other reasons." It is relevant, public, open source and has no advertisements or any commercial references.
It also follows the same pattern as "Java library" reference on the same page. So if this considered to be spam please remove that reference as well or explain the difference between these two. ENikS (talk) 17:18, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- See the guidelines on conflict of interest and link promotion and kindly avoid adding links to your own sites in the future. Thanks. - MrOllie (talk) 21:23, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
beer review sites
thank you for your notice.
However, I think that you overemphasized with deleting all the external links I had once set. The external links I added generated value, as many readers like to have additional information to their inquiries. Adding links to sites with beer reviews or unique information is adding value for the readers.
I do unterstand if the information on the linked sites were inadequate. Yet, you only criticise the outer appearance of the linked sites, not the content with its subject information. Content is what counts - and the same applies to Wiki. I would therefore kindly ask you to undo your numerous changes.
I have been writing on Wiki and translating texts for quite some time now, and so far you are the first user to have raised such an issue.
- This is pretty clear cut per WP:ELNO points 1 and 11. Your work on translation is appreciated, but Wikipedia does not need you to be repetitively adding links to this site to multiple articles. - MrOllie (talk) 21:21, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Can you tell me the reason you removed my entry on Framadrop? Just asking.
Tom Ridge Wikipedia Page
So I am reaching out because you recently removed some of the links and edits I made to the following wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ridge. You also wrote a General Note "Adding Spam" Links. I am new to wikipedia as you can tell, and I am trying to get this resolved. The information I am updating is factual and accurate information. The website is the correct website, www.ridge-lane.com, and the company name is the RIDGE-LANE Limited Partners. Could you please advise what I need to do so these changes stick? Thank you for your assistance.