||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Leisurecorp was established by Dubai World in 2006 to identify, acquire and develop leisure and lifestyle-related investments in Dubai and across the world. Its portfolio includes Jumeirah Golf Estates in Dubai; Pearl Valley Golf Estates in South Africa; Turnberry in Scotland; a major shareholding in Island Global Yachting; a stake in Troon Golf; a shareholding in GPS Industries; and a stake in Snowmass Colorado.
In November 2007, Leisurecorp announced a wide-ranging partnership with The European Tour which will create the Dubai World Championship, the world’s richest golf tournament with a $10 million prize fund. To be held annually at Jumeirah Golf Estates, the tournament will be open to players numbered 1- 60 on The Race to Dubai – formerly The European Tour Order of Merit – with players being given the opportunity to compete for an additional $10 million bonus fund.
In October 2008, Leisurecorp took ownership of Turnberry in Scotland, the host venue for the 2009 Open Championship.
- United Arab Emirates (June 3, 2007). "Dubai's Leisurecorp announces purchase of Pearl Valley Signature Golf Estate and Spa in South Africa". AME Info FZ LLC. Retrieved February 15, 2009.
- Leisurecorp (May 23, 2008). "Leisurecorp to acquire Turnberry (press release)". IAGTO Ltd. Retrieved February 15, 2009.
- PGA European Tour (March 26, 2008). "GOLF: PGA EUROPEAN TOUR: Leisurecorp to sponsor The European Tour Physio Unit". NoticiasB2B, S.L. Retrieved February 15, 2009.
- United Arab Emirates (November 1, 2008). "Leisurecorp finalises Turnberry deal". AME Info FZ LLC. Retrieved February 15, 2009.
- Article,"Ryder Cup Could be hosted in the Middle East", The Telegraph, Jan 29, 2009
- Article,"Leisurecorp Unveils‘Most Challenging Mile’ in Golf at Showpiece Course ‘Earth’", Khaleej Times, Jan 28, 2009
- Article,"Leisurecorp unveil earth course in Dubai", Golf Monthly, Jan 28, 2009
- Article,"Earnings Preview: Starwood Hotels & Resorts", Associated Press(via Forbes.com), Jan 27, 2009
- Article,"Leisurecorp unveils 'most challenging mile in golf'", europeantour.com, Jan 27, 2009
- Article,"Revamp to the fore in designer’s £30m makeover of Turnberry", The Herald, Oct 7, 2008
- Article, "Dubai World Tees Off Deal for Starwood’s Scottish Resort", The New York Times, May 22, 2008
|This golf-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Arab Emirates-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|