"A man of truth must also be a man of care." -Mahatma Ghandi
I am an avid chronicler and I hope only to try and lend what limited skills of research I have to Wikipedia. I mostly edit pages on Abrahamic religion and the Bahá'í Faith in particular, as they are the subjects of which I have access to the most research material and have the most experience in (as opposed to other subjects, not other editors.)
The majority of my contributions to Wikipedia concern cleanup, maintenance, and defense of articles from vandals. While Wikipedia policy covers a certain portion, I have a personal approach regarding how I go about my edits within those guidelines.
Abusive Edit Policy
- This user has very little tolerance for blatant vandals.
- This user assumes good faith and doesn't bite.
- This user is not afraid to use the 4im template when appropriate.
- This user thinks some administrators are a little silly when it comes to not blocking people after four or five warnings.
- This user feels vandalism for the sake of advancing a point of view or proving a point is still vandalism.
- This user will only rollback things appropriately, such as obvious vandalism and unexplained, clearly abusive edits.
- This user will revert (with explanation, within the boundaries of Wikipedia policy) edits such as (but not limited to);
- Edits that are entirely unsourced or original research.
- Edits that are conversation in the article space, or add personal commentary.
- Edits that are in defiance of consensus.
- Edits that are censorship.
- Edits that are libelous or constitute personal attacks.
- Edits adding honorifics in violation of the Manual of Style.
- This user has been guilty of edit warring in the past, and was blocked for it justifiably, and now strictly adheres to Wikipedia's three-revert rule.
- This user mercilessly tags articles that he is unable to readily fix, with care not to overtag, and ruthlessly tags uncited content.
- This user feels Wikipedia's ignore all rules policy is only ever regularly applied to itself.
- This user makes edits per Wikipedia Policy alone, and does not edit Wikipedia to meet his religious or social beliefs.
Much To-Do About Nothing
- Research and create Kashkul page
- Finish repairing the train-wreck that is the Ahl al-Bayt page
- Expand the related Ahl al-Kisa page
Merge Adam and Islamic views on Adam- Done!
- Find adequate sources for Baha'i section on Messiah page.
- Finish composing separate Bahá'i Guardianship page. (sandbox page)
- Expand Mulla Husayn page
- Expand Munirih Khánum page
- Expand Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh page
- Clean-up and expand Baha'i Views section of Jesus page
- Finish Esra'a Al-Shafei page