- Chairperson (Special Interest Group) of Gender gap at the Wikimedia India Chapter. (March 2013 - July 2014)
- Drafted the Gender gap India policy and work plan
- Wikipedian in Residence (pilot programme), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai (June-August 2013)
- Member, Simple Annual Plan Grants Committee, 2017-18
- Contributor to the Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikivoyage in English, and Wikipedia in English.
- Pending changes reviewer on English Wikipedia
Grants and scholarships
- Co-recipient of Project Grant entitled "Community toolkit for greater diversity". (2017-18)
- Wikimania 2018
- Wikimania 2016
- Wikimania 2015
- Travel and Participation Support (TPS) Grant, Adacamp 2015
Talks/ Public Speaking
- Doing GLAM projects in India, Train-the-trainer 2015, Bengaluru, India, February 2015
- Patterns of Gender Aggression and Harassment in Open Tech and Open Culture Communities Online, Adacamp, Montreal, Canada, April 2015
- Edit-a-thons for bridging the gender gap, Wikimania, Mexico City, Mexico, July 2015
- Gender gap in the global south -- Lessons from policy making and outreach, Wikimania, Esino Lario, Italy, June 2016 (Slide deck)(Video)
- The Art of Community Review: Best practices for community members to write and review grant proposals, Train-the-trainer 2018, Mysuru, India, January 2018 (Slide deck)
- Intellectual property barriers to GLAM projects in the global south, Wikimania, Cape Town, South Africa, July 2018
- Lessons from creating a diversity toolkit, Wikimania, Cape Town, South Africa, July 2018
- WikipeDNA www.dnaindia.com/blogs/wikipeDNA (2013-2014)
WikipeDNA chronicled all things Wikipedia in India. This included events, activities, and issues of interest to Wikipedia editors and users. This blog has been discontinued.
- Contributor to the official blog of the Wikimedia Chapter (India), 2013-2014
- With 3 billion monthly pageviews, Wikipedia Mobile drives open access, Tech2, February 2013
- Around the world with Wikivoyage, Tech2, January 2013
- Wikipedia Gadgets: Tools that simplify editing, Tech2, January 2013
- 7 Free mobile apps for Wikipedia readers and contributors, Tech2, December 2012
- Wikidata: Summing the sum of human knowledge, Tech2, December 2012
- Widening access to educational resources, Economic and Political Weekly, September 14, 2013.
- Aaron Swartz and the cost of open access, Tech2, January 2013, and Intelligent Computing CHIP magazine (India), March 2013
Wikimedia outreach activities I have organised, conducted, or supported (in chronological order)
- Wikipedia Workshop for Women in Mumbai, November 2012
- Wiki Women's Day Workshop for students of the NIE, Nirmala Institute of Education, Goa, March 2013
- Wikipedia Workshop in Mulund, Mumbai, May 2013
- Wikipedia workshop for journalism students of Sophia Institute of Social Communications Media, Mumbai, July 2013
- Wikipedia_Workshop_Mulund,_Mumbai, August 2013
- Guest lecture on using and editing Wikipedia for students of Community Media, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, 2013
- Ally Skills workshop, WikiConference India 2016
- CIIPC-NLUD Workshop on Wikipedia Editing and Open Source Knowledge Sources, National Law University-Delhi, November 2016
Other outreach events
- WikiWomen's History Month, March 2013
- Online edit-a-thons for International Women's Day in India, March 2013
- "Lilavati's Daughters" edit-a-thon
- Wikipedia edit-a-thon for editing articles on violence against women, Wikimedia Chapter (India) and Breakthrough, New Delhi, December 7-8, 2013. This was a part of #Hack4Change, a thematic hackathon.
- WikiWomen's History Month, March 2014
- Women's History Month edit-a-thon organised collaboratively by Breakthrough, Wikimedia Chapter (India) and Women in Free Software, New Delhi, March 29, 2014.
WikiConference India 2016
- Member of the Diversity and Inclusion team. The team drafted the Code of Conduct, Friendly Space Policy, and Diversity and Inclusion guidelines for the organisers of the national conference.
- Member of the "Response Team". The chief responsibility of the team was to handle complaints about violation of the Code of Conduct and Friendly Space policy.
- Organiser and facilitator for the Ally Skills workshop.
- Leader of the gender gap track.
Participation in events
- Wikimania, Cape Town, South Africa, 2018
- Wikidata workshop, Kolkata, 2017
- Wikimania, Montreal, Canada, 2017
- WikiWomen Camp, Mexico City, Mexico, 2017
- Wikimedia Conference, Berlin, Germany, 2017 (Strategic Direction track)
- WikiConference India, Chandigarh, 2016
- Wikimania, Esino Lario, Italy, 2016
- Wikimania, Mexico City, Mexico, 2015