Hello. I am a first-generation American, born in Indiana
, grew up in Los Angeles
, and now I live in Northern California
At a glance...
- 2007, English Wikipedia editor (administrator, 2009)
- 2014, founder, WikiProject Women Writers
- 2015, co-founder, with Roger Bamkin, Women in Red
- 2015, Volunteer of the Year, Wikimedia District of Columbia (WMDC)
- 2016, Wikimedian of the Year, with Emily Temple-Wood
- 2016, shortlisted, ITU/UN Women GEM-TECH award
- 2016-21, WMDC Board member; Vice-president, 2017-2021
- 2016-21, member Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee; Secretary, 2018; Chair 2020-21
- 2017-present, Wikimedia Visiting Scholar at Northeastern University, University Libraries' Digital Scholarship Group, Women Writers Project
- 2017, contractor, Wikimedia Foundation, Gender Diversity Mapping project
- 2018, knighted by Serbia
- 2018, member, Wikimedia Foundation, Community Health Working Group
- October 23, 2021: Wikimedia Foundation Trustee
New articles created by year:
2007 * 2008 * 2009 * 2010 * 2011 * 2012 * 2013 * 2014 * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 * 2020 * 2021 * 2022 * 2023
New women's biographies:
All * As Visiting Scholar
Conflict of interest statement: I have made 200,000+ edits and I have not been paid for any of them. In 2016, I retired from DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. after 26 years of employment; I have not edited articles regarding the parent organization or subsidiaries. In 2017, the Wikimedia Foundation hired me as a 3-month paid contractor for the Gender Diversity Mapping project.
Presentations, panels, international committees, English Wikipedia projects, training, trainer, awards, grants, barnstars, social media, press, podcasts, videos, and more ...
Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, contributions under this account do not necessarily represent the actions or views of the Board or the Foundation unless expressly stated otherwise. For example, edits to articles or uploads of other media are done in my individual, personal capacity unless otherwise stated.