Hello. I am a first-generation American, born in Indiana
, grew up in Los Angeles
, and now I live in Northern California
At a glance...
- 2007, English Wikipedia editor (administrator, 2009)
- 2014, founder, WikiProject Women Writers
- 2015, co-founder, with Roger Bamkin, Women in Red
- 2015, Volunteer of the Year, Wikimedia District of Columbia (WMDC)
- 2016, Wikimedian of the Year, with Emily Temple-Wood
- 2016, shortlisted, ITU/UN Women GEM-TECH award
- 2016-21, WMDC Board member; Vice-president, 2017-2021
- 2016-21, member Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee; Secretary, 2018; Chair 2020-21
- 2017-present, Wikimedia Visiting Scholar at Northeastern University, University Libraries' Digital Scholarship Group, Women Writers Project
- 2017, contractor, Wikimedia Foundation, Gender Diversity Mapping project
- 2018, knighted by Serbia
- 2018, member, Wikimedia Foundation, Community Health Working Group
- October 23, 2021: Wikimedia Foundation Trustee
: (by year)
; (women's biographies)
; (WVS NEU)
Conflict of interest statement: I have made 200,000+ edits and I have not been paid for any of them. In 2016, I retired from DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. after 26 years of employment; I have not edited articles regarding the parent organization or subsidiaries. In 2017, the Wikimedia Foundation hired me as a 3-month paid contractor for the Gender Diversity Mapping project.
Presentations, panels, international committees, English Wikipedia projects, training, trainer, awards, grants, barnstars, social media, press, podcasts, videos, and more ...
Disclaimer: Comments by this account represent my personal positions and are not made in an official capacity unless stated otherwise