Jump to navigation Jump to search
- boxes 1-5: This user was born in Montreal and spent the first thirteen years of her life in New York City. Her Greek parents then decided to move the family back to Greece. She is thus a native speaker of both Greek and English, however did not manage to learn French as she left Quebec at the tender age of 8 months:)
- boxes 6-9: This user has contributed to Greek-language Wikipedia since April 2007 and English-language Wikipedia since August 2011. She is also an electrical & computer engineer employed as a teacher of Computer Science / Technology at secondary education level since 2006. This user has integrated Wikipedia editing into her classes, with her students having contributed over 50 articles and 500 images to Greek Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons respectively. Reports of her Wikipedia-editing presentations in educational contexts can be found on Wikimedia Outreach here and here. In 2012 she created two ongoing galleries on Wikimedia Commons for a school project that have attracted international attention: see Asaf's Postcard from Greece (that's me wearing the red "FASTER" jacket:) to follow links to WMF Blog post and from there to galleries.
- boxes 10-12: You will never find this user seeking out administrator/principal/manager status. She prefers to keep her life as free as possible from bureaucracy-related issues. On the other hand, this user appreciates a good sense of humor and will warmly welcome a newcomer on Greek-language Wikipedia and help him/her out when she can.
- box 13: Wikimania 2015 in Mexico City was one of the most rewarding experiences ever. Viva Wikimania, Viva Mexico!
- box 14: Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario was unforgettable in all respects. Good AND bad.
- box 16: Realization came after Wikimania 2016 (hence the bad).
- boxes 17 onwards: This user loves to travel and aims to expand her collection of pertaining userboxes. Finally, this user has lived in and/or visited a growing number of US states.