User:Scarykitty/LGBT Business Categories
This page is an attempt to come up with a good starting category structure to organize the many articles related to LGBT businesses, products marketed to the LGBT community and LGBT business organizations.
- Olivia Cruises - lesbian/women's cruises
- TigerHeat - nightclub promotion company in L.A.
- Out Now Consulting - no LGBT categories (but yes a tag) - LGBT marketing firm
- Witeck-Combs Communications, Inc. - LGBT marketing firm
- Gay Financial Network
- Most Category:LGBT tourism listings are companies that have no LGBT-company related category to them
- Most in Category:LGBT-related media and subcategories are companies (this currently links up to LGBT culture. Sure, it's about culture, but it's about business too.
- Category:LGBT bookstores
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Seattle Business Association - LGBT Chamber of Commerce
LGBT associations inside companies
Broad LGBT and business/economy topics
- LGBT marketing (which only has a category of Sexual orientation and society!
- Pink money
- Pink pound
- Pink dollar (there is a proposal to merge all three)
- Gay Mafia - currently only links up to LGBT terms and conspiracy theories
All above articles just get main category until more articles develop. Do not include Mitchell Gold.
As a serial categorizer, I've noticed a need for a category on LGBT businesses, but not sure what to call it. To follow other structures, there would be Category:LGBT Economy and then other stuff under it LGBT Companies etc. The media companies like The Advocate have a place in LGBT related media, but three are others that could use an LGBT business category.
For a past discussion on the topic see this discussion of improving coverage of LGBT businesses and companies
Possibilities are: Category:LGBT Economy
Of course the criteria would also be that it had to be a company that targeted the LGBT audiences and not a company that merely had LGBT ownership (thought that could be a different category.