The Grand Challenge Equations.
Arguably, these are the most important fundamental equations in science.
Discovery of efficient/exact methods for solving any of these equations would be expected to revolutionise their respective fields and the modern computational sciences.
- Newton's equations describe the motion of bodies and are the basis of classical mechanics.
- Schroedinger Equation (Time dependent)
- Describe the quantum mechanical wavefunction, the basis of quantum chemistry.
- Navier-Stokes Equation
- Poisson Equation
- Heat Equation
- Helmhltz Equation
- Discrete Fourier Transform
- Maxwell's Equations
- Partition Function
- Population Dynamics
- Combined First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics
- Rational B-Spline