User:Ta bu shi da yu/MainPageContent2/DYK
Did you know...
- ... that Rhipicephalus pulchellus (pictured) is sometimes known by its common name "the zebra tick", both because zebras are one of its main hosts and because of the males' black and white ornamentation?
- ... that in the 1951–52 Indian general election, the 27-year old Sunkam Achalu was elected by the largest margin?
- ... that Governor David B. Hill prevented New York from carrying out a state census in 1885?
- ... that looming war between the Dacian king Burebista and Julius Caesar was preempted by the assassination of both leaders?
- ... that Icelandic chess grandmaster Margeir Pétursson founded the country's only commercial bank that did not crash during the financial crisis of 2007–08?
- ... that the Canales investigation heard 80 witnesses describing murders, kidnappings, and other crimes committed by the Texas Rangers in the early 20th century?
- ... that John Potter's story of his role as a secret agent in occupied France was exposed as false only after his death?
- ... that people have suffered an Antabuse-type reaction from eating the club foot mushroom and drinking alcohol?