This is the user sandbox of Theredproject. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
List of people who might be good subjects for a best practices stub:
- Ilana Harris-Babou http://ilanahb.com/ABOUT
- Ebony G.Patterson http://moniquemeloche.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/EP17-CV-11.pdf
- Chloe Bass http://chloebass.com/bio
- Jordan Casteel (artist) http://www.jordancasteel.com/about/
Chloë Bass (born 1984) is a conceptual artist who works in performance and social practice. Her ongoing eight-chapter project The Book of Everyday Instruction explores individual social interactions has been presented at the Museum of Modern Art, and other venues. Chapters from this work have included creating poetic installations in bathrooms, and inviting gallery goers to smell jars of spice. Her work has been exhibited the Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts, The Cooper Union, The Bronx Museum of the Arts, the Neuberger Museum of Art, and Momenta Art, amongst other venues. She is the recipient of residencies at The Laundromat Project, Bemis Center, Triangle Arts Association, LMCC Workspace residency, and has been a nominee for the Rema Hort Mann Foundation Grant. Bass was a founding co-lead organizer of Arts in Bushwick from 2007-2011, the group that organizes Bushwick Open Studios. She holds a BA from Yale University, and an MFA from Brooklyn College, and is an Assistant Professor in the Social Practice program at Queens College, CUNY.
- chloebass.com Official website
- Schwendener, Martha (2014-02-07). "A Review of 'Dear Diary: Update on All' in Purchase". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "The Book of Everyday Instruction, Chapter Four: "It's amazing we don't have more fights."". MoMA.org. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- "A Langston Hughes Short Story Inspired a Contemporary Art Exhibition". Creators. 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "How Art Making Is a Type of Management". Hyperallergic. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Once More, with Feeling". EFA Project Space. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "WOUND: mending time and attention | The Cooper Union". cooper.edu. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- exhibit-e.com. "Bronx Calling - Exhibitions - The Bronx Museum of the Arts". www.bronxmuseum.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Dear Diary: Update All". Neuberger Museum of Art. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- "history". www.momentaart.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Chloë Bass | The Laundromat Project". laundromatproject.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts : Exhibitions : Exhibitions : Urban Design Lab". www.bemiscenter.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "ALUMNI". www.triangle-arts-association.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Chloë Bass - Lower Manhattan Cultural Council". Lower Manhattan Cultural Council. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Chloë Bass – Rema Hort Mann Foundation". www.remahortmannfoundation.org. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "An Excerpt from Making History Bushwick". Arts in Bushwick. 2016-09-26. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Escaping from the Art Market - The L Magazine". www.thelmagazine.com. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Making History Bushwick". Arts in Bushwick. 2016-09-21. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Social Practice Queens | Faculty and Staff". www.socialpracticequeens.org. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Studio Faculty". Queens College Art Department. 2016-12-12. Retrieved 2018-01-12.