|This user is a member of WikiProject Chicago, a WikiProject which aims to expand coverage of the Chicago area on Wikipedia.|
Please feel free to join us.
|This Wikipedian is a member of WikiProject Mexico, a WikiProject which aims to expand Mexican-related articles on Wikipedia. Please feel free to join.|
Bill thundercliff AFD Anti-Hoax Barnstar
|The Original Barnstar|
|I award this barnstar to Tubezone for their excellent historical research in the Bill thundercliff AFD, proving the article was a hoax. --Brian(view my history)/(How am I doing?) 17:16, 28 December 2006 (UTC)|
|The Barnstar of Good Humor|
|Awarded for your light-hearted take on the Benjamin McNevis AFD. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! Coredesat 03:42, 16 November 2006 (UTC)|
This user dislikes piles of silly userboxes, at least for himself, probably because he has no sense of style whatsoever.
Stuff Tubezone started or wrote most of:
- Pancho Villa This is my largest contribution to date
- La decena trágica I bet you think it can't happen here.
- List of taco fillings An indispensable cultural contribution, if I must say so myself
- Brighton Park, Chicago One of America's industrial crossroads and a great place to get a torta
- Archer Avenue, Chicago Mr Dooley lived there
- Corwith Yards
- Brighton Park Junction Abraham Lincoln passed through it twice, once alive, once not
- Hemmings Motor News
- Law label Them things that hang off your mattress. Yes, they're very important, think about it. You spend 8 hours a day on one.
- Stuffed article
- Porch collapse We can eliminate PC in our lifetime. Support your local building inspector!
- List of Mexican autopistas
- List of Mexican bus lines
- List of burrito fillings
- Grupo Sanborns
- Chilapa de Alvarez
- Acámbaro (also a little cleanup on Acambaro figures)
- Plaza Garibaldi
- Sam Dreben I wish I had a resume like Sam's.
- List of fictional Scandinavian Americans No, I'm not on the list, yet.
- A bunch of missing stub articles on Mexican cuisine, like Escamoles and Carne de chango, as well as doing some cleanup on the main article.
Stuff Tubezone contributed to:
- Mexican Revolution More important than most of you realize.
- Bridgeport, Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley's home neighborhood, until he went yuppie.
- Shikoku (dog) No, I don't own one, I don't even own a dog.
- Wolfdog Really, you don't want to have one. Really.
- Cicero, Illinois
- Lazaro Cardenas
- List of Mexican railroads
- Rail transport in Mexico
- Ferrocarriles Nacionales de Mexico
- Ferrocarril del Sureste FERROSUR
- Ferrocarriles Chiapas-Mayab
- Linea Coahuila Durango
- List of North American named passenger trains (N-Z)
- List of North American named passenger trains (0-C)
- Ferrocarril del Pacifico
- Kansas City, Mexico & Orient
- Mexico North Western Railway
- Southern Pacific of Mexico
- Ferrocarriles Unidos de Yucatan
- Ferrocarril Interoceanico
- Ferrocarril Transismitico
- Ferrocarril Sonora-Baja California
- Ferrocarril Inter-California
- Ferrocarril Nacional de la Baja California
- Ferrocarril Mexicali y Golfo
- List of obsolete technologies (deleted, thank you!)
- List of transport museums
- List of heritage railways
- List of Presidents of Mexico
- Tren Suburbano
- Creel-Terrazas family
- Abraham González
Stuff Tubezone should get off his fat butt and work on: Vacuum tubes and related topics.. D'oh!
Wikipedia's premise needs some revising. It allows certain people to create cyber-fiefdoms that they protect by harassing people (such as myself) who have informed, useful contributions. In some cases users have made death threats against other users in disputes, and merely been blocked for a month. (Note Since that was written, policies have been revised to apply banning to blatant harrassment and death threats) It's only by sheer luck and the size of the Wiki data and userbase that there's anything useful to read at all . If you want to do anything useful for Wikipedia, encourage the Powers That Be to eliminate unregistered contributors (who account for 99% of vandalism) and try to discourage pseudo-Wikipedians who have little to contribute but arguments about video game characters and the like.
There must be 100,000 geography and political stubs in Wikipedia that need filling, so long as these clowns are allowed free reign, the people who could make the contributions will not do it - who wants to do a lot of work then have constantly have to patrol it against vandalism? The point of Wikipedia is to make it the largest repository of the most useful and neutral information possible, not piss away effort having to constantly revert vandalism, engaging in bickering rather than constructive discussions, and pushing POV like actors in a telenovela.