Conservatory of Music, University of the Pacific
COM is the first accredited professional music school on the west coast and a charter member of the National Association of Schools of Music (1928).  It offers 11 different degree programs, all of which are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. 
The School of Music was first formed on UOP's campus in 1878 with 32 students registered.  By the 1880s, the school's catalog began listing specific admission requirements for music and awarded its first bachelor of music degrees.  A theory of composition degree was added later, with the first student graduating in 1909.  Shortly after Pacific's move to its Stockton campus in 1924, the School of Music, renamed the Conservatory of Music, became a member of the National Association of Schools of Music.  It continued to expand its degree offerings, adding a music therapy program in 1981 and an accredited Bachelor's degree in Music Management in 1983. 
The conservatory has five main buildings: Faye Spanos Concert Hall, Recital Hall, Rehearsal Center, Buck Hall, and Owen Hall. 
Faye Spanos, the main building in the conservatory, houses a 950-seat concert hall, practice rooms, faculty offices, and the conservatory administration. Built in 1927, it was renovated in 1988 and was seen in one of the Indiana Jones movies. 
Most of the conservatory’s classes meet in Buck Hall, which includes four classrooms, a conference room, and private studios for many of the faculty. In 2006, a computer lab was added to Buck Hall. The lab has 19 Apple computers with a variety of software, including Logic Pro 7, Sibelius, Final Cut Studio 2, Photoshop and Dreamweaver. It also includes a 5.1 surround sound system for use in composing and analyzing film music. 
COM offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in the following concentrations:
B.A. Music, emphasis in Jazz Studies
B.A. Music, emphasis in Music Management
B.A. Music Composition
B.M. Music Education
B.M. Music History
B.M. Music Management
B.M. Music Performance
B.M. Music Therapy
M.M./M.Ed. Music Education
M.A. Music Therapy
Enrollment in the conservatory is around 180 students- about 90% undergraduate and 10% graduate.  Around 75% of students come from California; other states represented include Hawaii, Oregon, Alaska, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Florida, West Virginia, New Jersey, and New York. International students in the Conservatory come from countries including Japan, China, Korea, and Taiwan. 
- / Accreditation. University of the Pacific. retrieved on 12 Dec, 2008.
- / History. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Facilities. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Faye Spanos Concert Hall. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Recital Hall. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Rehearsal Center. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Buck Hall. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Owen Hall. University of the Pacific. Retrieved on 15 Dec, 2008.
- / Student Profile. University of the Pacific. retrieved on 12 Dec, 2008.