User:Zephfya/The Necromancer: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
|Cover artist||Michael Wagner|
|Series||The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel|
|Genre||Fantasy, Thriller, Fiction, Mythology|
|25 May 2010|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Preceded by||The Sorceress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel|
|Followed by||The Warlock: The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel|
The Necromancer is the fourth book of the series The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. It is due to be released May 25th, 2010.
San Francisco: After fleeing to Ojai, then Paris, and escaping to London, Josh and Sophie Newman are finally home. And after everything they've seen and learned in the past week, they're both more confused than ever about their future. Neither of them has mastered the magics they'll need to protect themselves from the Dark Elders, they've lost Scatty, and they're still being pursued by Dr. John Dee. Most disturbing of all, however, is that now they must ask themselves, can they trust Nicholas Flamel? Can they trust anyone?
Alcatraz: Dr. Dee underestimated Perenelle Flamel's power. Alcatraz could not hold her, Nereus was no match for her, and she was able to align herself with the most unlikely of allies. But she wasn't the only one being held on the island. Behind the prison's bars and protective sigils were a menagerie of monsters-an army for Dee to use in the final battle. And now Machiavelli has come to Alcatraz to loose those monsters on San Francisco. Perenelle might be powerful, but each day she weakens, and even with Nicholas back at her side, a battle of this size could be too much for her. Nicholas and Perenelle must fight to protect the city, but the effort will probably kill them both.
London: Having been unable to regain the two final pages of the Codex, Dee has failed his Elder and is now an outlaw-and the new prey of all the creatures formerly sent to hunt down Flamel. But Dee has a plan. With the Codex and the creatures on Alcatraz, he can control the world. All he needs is the help of the Archons. But for his plan to work, he must raise the Mother of the Gods from the dead. For that, he'll have to train a necromancer. And the twins of legend will make the perfect pupils. . . .
On November 19th 2009 it was announced in Variety Magazine that Lorenzo di Bonaventura had bought the film rights to the series. Michael Scott and Barry Krost will be the executive producers. The script writer has yet to be announced. Imdb now lists The Alchemyst film as "in production" 
In chronological order:
- The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Magician: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Sorceress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Necromancer: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Warlock: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
- Staff writers. "The Necromancer by Michael Scott". Random House Inc. Retrieved November 24, 2009.
- McNary, Dave (November 18, 2009). "DiBonaventura sets up 'Secret' Company to produce 'Nicholas Flamel' series". Variety. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- Staff writers. "The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (2009)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- Authors siteAuthor's website
- Publishers WebsitePublisher's website
- Approved Flamel Forum Author endorsed fan forum visited daily by the author.
- Approved fan siteAuthor endorsed fan site featuring monthly podcasts.