This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 21 days may be automatically moved.
Discussions here are automatically indexed by User:Legobot)
- 1 The 2 hour block name was changed recently its called Xploration Station See article http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
- 2 Received your message, it wasn't me.
- 3 Removals from 2015-16 US network schedule
- 4 Purpose of alt text and unusual punctuation
- 5 April 2016
- 6 Distributor for Nickeldeon shows
- 7 Orphaned non-free image File:The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.jpg
- 8 Little Koala
- 9 Distributor credit
The 2 hour block name was changed recently its called Xploration Station See article http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
Hey I work for Steve Rotfeld Production! I know the 2 hour block is now called "Xploration Station" not Nation anymore. Look all over Facebook, on Vimeo our Trailer is up under "Xploration Station" http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
Received your message, it wasn't me.
I actually have never even viewed that particular page, much less made any edits to it. My guess is that somebody was using a proxy with my IP address.
Removals from 2015-16 US network schedule
Why has Fox College Football been removed? It is a program on the official schedule, and it is included on all of the previous schedule pages. Gracepoint not allowed? The show will not be returning from the previous season, the fact that it is a miniseries should not matter. The same with The Slap.
Purpose of alt text and unusual punctuation
A primary purpose of alt text is to enable visually impaired people to understand the content of images. I regularly test my alt text in at least three readers, starting with ChromeVox, Google TTS (supercedes FireVox), NVDA and supplementing with WebAnywhere (which is a whole different beast). I don't own an Apple, so if you have an Apple, you could assist by testing Apple VoiceOver, etc.
In the alt text to the movie poster for The Empire Strikes Back, I placed the following note, which you did not notice: <!-- The spacing and punctuation in this alt text is intended to assist screen readers. Please test in at least two screen readers before making changes. -->
- ". This poster shows a montage of scenes from the movie." The beginning period inserts a pause between the reading of the header of the infobox, "The Empire Strikes Back" and the beginning of the sentence "This poster" so that a screen reader will read "The Empire Strikes Back *pause* This poster..."
- "in the foreground, Luke Skywalker sits astride a taun taun;" Placing a space between gives minor assistance to several screen readers. For example, Google TTS pronounced "tauntaun" "taunten". I am OK with your removing the space (although I preferred the sounding of the separate syllables of "taun taun", but the next time you try modifying alt text, please test your changes.
- "Chewbacca, R 2-D 2," Without the spaces, several screen readers had difficulty coping with the pronunciation of "R2-D2". For example, ChromeVox pronounces it something like "aret*explosion_of_breath* deet*explosion_of_breath*", while other screen readers do different things with this.
- "and C3P0 round out the montage." My omission of the hyphen and use of zero was an error. Thanks for this correction, which reads well in all screen readers that I've tested.
Hello, I'm AlexTheWhovian. I noticed that you made a change to an article, Agent Carter (TV series), but you didn't provide a reliable source. It's been removed and archived in the page history for now, but if you'd like to include a citation and re-add it, please do so! If you need guidance on referencing, please see the referencing for beginners tutorial, or if you think I made a mistake, you can leave me a message on my talk page. The source given does not state that the series has been cancelled: "It happened with Firefly and it might happen to Agent Carter" Keyword: might. Alex|The|Whovian?
Distributor for Nickeldeon shows
Orphaned non-free image File:The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:45, 10 April 2017 (UTC)
You have changed the company at many film pages today. This is contrary to the credits. Stop changing the distributor away from the credited company on multiple pages. WP uses the credit for the theatrical release. Not the company that bought the credited company or later did the video release. I'll thank you to restore the correct theatrical release credit for all those pages. - Gothicfilm (talk) 21:23, 21 April 2017 (UTC)