This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 21 days may be automatically moved.
Discussions here are automatically indexed by User:Legobot)
YOU MUST STOP PUTTING MELINDA CLARKE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CAST LIST. A group of avid fans will NEVER give up on putting her on her CORRECT placement. Melinda's billing is FOURTH in this final season and she is NOT below guest stars who appear in only one episode such as Judd Nelson, yet you keep placing her there. Please stop! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:54, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- 1 The 2 hour block name was changed recently its called Xploration Station See article http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
- 2 Received your message, it wasn't me.
- 3 Removals from 2015-16 US network schedule
- 4 Purpose of alt text and unusual punctuation
- 5 Template:Start date and age
The 2 hour block name was changed recently its called Xploration Station See article http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
Hey I work for Steve Rotfeld Production! I know the 2 hour block is now called "Xploration Station" not Nation anymore. Look all over Facebook, on Vimeo our Trailer is up under "Xploration Station" http://www.whosay.com/articles/2656-get-schooled-with-xploration-station-premiering-this-fall-on-fox
Received your message, it wasn't me.
I actually have never even viewed that particular page, much less made any edits to it. My guess is that somebody was using a proxy with my IP address.
No one is doing vandalism but you. I don't know who you think you are but you can't just go around deleting people's added information to Wikipedia and you can't "block" people. YOU are the guilty party. I merely added correct information to Decades TV network page and you accuse me of "vandalism"?! Seriously??? If anything, I'm going to report you to whomever about your lewd conduct to me and possibly countless others. Consider this my warning, pal!
Removals from 2015-16 US network schedule
Why has Fox College Football been removed? It is a program on the official schedule, and it is included on all of the previous schedule pages. Gracepoint not allowed? The show will not be returning from the previous season, the fact that it is a miniseries should not matter. The same with The Slap.
Purpose of alt text and unusual punctuation
A primary purpose of alt text is to enable visually impaired people to understand the content of images. I regularly test my alt text in at least three readers, starting with ChromeVox, Google TTS (supercedes FireVox), NVDA and supplementing with WebAnywhere (which is a whole different beast). I don't own an Apple, so if you have an Apple, you could assist by testing Apple VoiceOver, etc.
In the alt text to the movie poster for The Empire Strikes Back, I placed the following note, which you did not notice: <!-- The spacing and punctuation in this alt text is intended to assist screen readers. Please test in at least two screen readers before making changes. -->
- ". This poster shows a montage of scenes from the movie." The beginning period inserts a pause between the reading of the header of the infobox, "The Empire Strikes Back" and the beginning of the sentence "This poster" so that a screen reader will read "The Empire Strikes Back *pause* This poster..."
- "in the foreground, Luke Skywalker sits astride a taun taun;" Placing a space between gives minor assistance to several screen readers. For example, Google TTS pronounced "tauntaun" "taunten". I am OK with your removing the space (although I preferred the sounding of the separate syllables of "taun taun", but the next time you try modifying alt text, please test your changes.
- "Chewbacca, R 2-D 2," Without the spaces, several screen readers had difficulty coping with the pronunciation of "R2-D2". For example, ChromeVox pronounces it something like "aret*explosion_of_breath* deet*explosion_of_breath*", while other screen readers do different things with this.
- "and C3P0 round out the montage." My omission of the hyphen and use of zero was an error. Thanks for this correction, which reads well in all screen readers that I've tested.
There is a discussion on this template's useage over at Template talk:Start date and age#Disagreement over usage that I think you should participate at. ElectricBurst(Electron firings)(Zaps) 20:55, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
The discussion has been closed as "keep". The other editors saw no reason why age can't be used for articles that aren't about people, and one editor stated that your reasoning for the deletion nomination boils down to WP:I DON'T LIKE IT. Are your ears burning yet? ElectricBurst(Electron firings)(Zaps) 02:46, 8 February 2016 (UTC)