I will respond to your comments both on this talk page and yours.
I have supplied correct information on the sexual themes in Harry Potter. Please refrain from calling stuff vandalism, just because you disagree with it. If you disagree, you can take it up on the article's talk page. --Law Lord (talk) 09:35, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- You are adding a comment about sex in a completely inappropriate place; something of that nature can only be construed as vandalism. Evene if it isn't, it is still OR and speculation, neither of which are allowed in Wikipedia, so stop adding it. asyndeton (talk) 09:58, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Street Cred Fred
I saw your edits just now to his talk page and I think it's worth you knowing, if you don't already, that this man claims to be GK's father. Given GK's playful response on SCF's talk page about him antagonising GK, it's more than likely true. asyndeton (talk) 18:15, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information. I did indeed know that Green Kirby had said that street Cred Fred was his father, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not, so I didn't mention it. Thank you for the link and confirmation! MelicansMatkin (talk) 18:18, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
We all appreciate what you do and how hard you work, Asyndeton. Keep up the good work. It's good to know where you're coming from.Street Cred Fred (talk) 00:29, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
You failed to respond to this comment. While I understand Green Kirby struggled, and obviously wasn't ready for this site, I fail to comprehend your stake in this issue. I do not claim to be GK's father, I am his father. I would not trade him for any child in this world. Do you have kids? Still waiting for a responce.Street Cred Fred (talk) 02:48, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- As far as I was concerned, your comment did not warrant any response. I just saw it is a sarcastic jab at me for 'telling on you'. You asked no questions, so I gave no reply.
- Green Kirby had a habit of making edits to Tony Almeida that were riddled with POV and OR and when I brought it to his talk page, I noticed he has many issues and I became interested in the whole affair. However, I see no reason why I have to justify myself to you, whether or not you are his father, especially after your victimisation of Sukecchi. asyndeton (talk) 16:59, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
It's amazing how many people use "Sukecchi" and "victim" in the same sentence. Green Kirby has his issues, but he refuses to be a victim, and has a sense of humor. Again, you failed to answer the questions about kids. No problem, I can tell by your thought process that you have no children, and thus have a limited perspective on the world. Get back in your lane, and stay there!Street Cred Fred (talk) 19:29, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Having a one track mind and refusing to admit that you're wrong are not admirable qualities in a person. No, I don't have kids, but I can see why you would defend your son when he screws up; I do have parents. But jumping into battle and saying that everyone else is in the wrong is not something I think is appropriate for a grown man with a son to do; as you say 'Green Kirby has issues' and your behaviour is only going to make them worse. Green Kirby was simply the victim of his own mistakes, unlike others; are you so prejudiced that you do not think that people should be allowed to publicly state they're gay?
- Now your son has been blocked from Wikipedia, despite so many people trying to help him, and everyone wants to move on and forget about the whole saga, so why don't you go back to the way your life was before this fiasco, blissfully ignorant of Wikipedia's ways, and get over it. You clearly aren't here to contribute to the project and simply want to argue with people. Your time would be much better spent with your son. asyndeton (talk) 20:20, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
I could not have said it better myself, this site is not for me. Let me guess, you're in you early twenties. Right? You're single as well, right? Merge a few corporations, bury a couple of parents, pull the life support plug on someone you love, de-escalate the egos of ridiculously educated professors that have political differences, work with less fortunate and at risk kids; realise your parents are in failing health and take command, buy and sell a few houses, some land, and some stock.; and for the love of God find an identity outside this site. All I've seen on Wikipedia are masses of lonely people that have petty disputes over a website that will be meaningless to them later in life. Everyone has a desire to "name" themselves (Grammer Nazi); real people, active in society and profesionally motivated have self-esteem; they don't have deep-seated insecurities that confine their social life to a website or a need to declare who they are. Get out and get some fresh air, get some sun; it'll do you good. I could care less who's gay and who's straight; my agenda has so much on it that crap is not inportant. This is the last you'll here from me, son, I have meetings to attend.Street Cred Fred (talk) 22:29, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
Excuse me I'm a great person thanks, and so are many people editiing this website. Assuming otherwise is quite rude, and ignorant. Good day, sir. Atomic Religione (talk) 01:28, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
I appreciate your help in tying to stop this madness. It is clearly out of control. Lucy wants to merge basically everyone except for Jack and Chloe which is completely ludicrous. Sure some characters who appeared for 1 or 2 episodes do not need their own page, but characters such as Tony, Michelle, Audrey, Kim, etc. are not “minor” and Lucy thinks they are. --MiB-24 18:40, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
Family stuff from Heroes
Are we not using the family stuff infoboxes anymore? You removed it, someone else must have added it back in, and I just reverted the person who had removed it again. they were polite enough to chat me up and point out the background. I thought the family stuff was important. Thoughts? - Arcayne (cast a spell) 23:24, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
- I agree it is important and that we need to have it in the article, but I thought we were going to make a family tree like in HP? I feel quite strongly that the infobox isn't the place for that amount of information, for aesthetic reasons if nothing else. I suppose since I removed I should have asked someone in the community if they could make the necessary trees. My bad. Apologies. asyndeton 12:06, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, its no problem. I guess I agree that the family stuff doesn't belong in the infobox. If I knew how to make a family tree (the compu-techincal part, I mean), I'd do it, because it doesn't look like that has been done yet. Something like that could be tied to an article about the founders of the company. Thoughts? - Arcayne (cast a spell) 18:59, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
- I know what you're saying about the techno side of family trees; seems like a job for Micah IMO ;). I'll post it on the project page and see what that turns up - AulaTPN did once say he'd help create a Bauer family tree but that would have been much shorter and it doesn't really seem fair to get him to do this since he isn't in the project.
- Um I'm afraid I can't really comment on whether or not it should go in the Company's article; jolly old England is always a fait bit behind you Yanks as far as entertainment goes and so I'm only going to finish season 1 on Wednesday.
- Btw I liked your signature's format so much that I decided to commandeer it. Hope you don't mind! asyndeton talk 11:04, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well, if you go to NBC's website, I think you can see all of the episodes online. If not, you can always download them. Brits are notorious for being pirates. Note that I not once took the cheap shot of saying butt-pirates. :)
- And heck, I don't mind if you copy my sig. I copied it myself from and admin, Tariqjbouti (or something like that). He was kind enough to show me how. Imitation is a nice form of flattery. Don't copy my mojo, though - that's all mine. lol - Arcayne (cast a spell) 11:15, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Heck I don't even think some of the pages recently tagged should be merged but the majority of the tagged pages should be merged, as they are as ou put it "nobodies". The reason for that addition of the latest tags was over a discussion on the Marie Warner talk page. Apologies if you fell offended.--Lucy-marie 13:10, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
It looks like this over for now guys. Head over to my talk page to view an account of what happened, but Theresa, one of the admins, has removed ALL of the merge tags from the remaining major characters. She suggested, however, that we continue to research independent and credible sources to support our stance for keeping the individual pages. But for now, it's settled. Thanks for all of your input. And a huge thanks to Theresa.Angelriver 17:09, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
Heroes edit warring.
Hi there, I'm going round leaving messages on all parties involved so please don't take this as an accusation, and I know you haven't reverted much though I'm just being even handed to all. A couple of editors have been warned for WP:3RR and have since agreed to take all discussions to Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Heroes. If any problems or issues arise from now please bring them to my attention and I will have a look. Any other problems, etc don't hesitate to give me a shout. Cheers Khukri 11:14, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- I fail to understand why you (Asyndeton) think you should be removing somebody else's comments from talk pages. If something needs to be discussed, isn't that the place to do it? If discussion should be redirected elsewhere per Khukri's note above, then THAT is the edit you should make, not removal of somebody else's comments. RussNelson (talk) 19:25, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I was gonna do that, but I wasn't completely sure if those first appearances would be deemed necessary by anyone. (mastrchf91) 15:08, 23 December 2007 (UTC)
Hermione Granger revert
Hi. I have one question for you: Why you this versionreverted? I'm waiting for your answer in my talk page. Best regards Alden(Sharon boyfriend) or talk 21:40, 28 December 2007 (UTC).
- Because it doesn't make any sense. What does 'Hermione go loved Ron' mean? I can promise you as a native speaker of English that your edit was just plain confusing. Also, it sounds odd because it isn't connected with anything else in the section. asyndeton talk 23:45, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
Hermione loved Ron in Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm read a Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban, but I'm read in polish. I'm not read Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban in English. Cheers. Alden(Sharon boyfriend) or talk 07:33, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Hi. Do you know, how I can upload files on Fair Use, and how I can upload screen with my Windows XP? I'm waiting for your answer on my talk page. KatLos a.k.aKasia 19:51, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- No, I'm sorry but I don't know how. Maybe WP:UPLOAD will be of use. Can I ask why, out of all the people on Wikipedia, you asked me for help when we have never had any dealings together? Is it something to do with Alden Jones? asyndeton talk 20:25, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
I wrote in my userpage Alden Jones is my boyfriend:), and he's get round me, to register on en wikipedia. Why do you asking: Is it something to do with Alden Jones?". I'm waiting for your answer in my talk page. Cheers. KatLos a.k.aKasia 21:31, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
I forgot: user:Alden Jones is my boyfriend:). Kasia a.k.a KatLos 21:52, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- Like I said in my first reply, there was no reason for you to ask me that question when there are another 6,084,440 registered users on Wikipedia. So why did you pick me? And was the link helpful? asyndeton talk 22:11, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Why do you copy my questions and your answer in my talk page and to your talk page? Kasia a.k.a KatLos 23:22, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Happy New Year, Asyndeton! Given our vast banter in the past and your vast contributions to the Film Wikiproject, I thought I could solicit your help and advice. I've submitted two articles for peer review, and thought that you might like to critique them:
- Duck Soup. I've listed this article for peer review because, even though I and other editors have contributed much information and references, I'm certain that there are other aspects of this classic film that have yet to be covered. I'd like to hear feedback from you, so that I can get help in improving this (and other Marx Brothers films) quality.
- Princess Leia Organa. I've listed this article for peer review because it right now seems oddly cluttered and, despite a lot of references as of now, lacks reliable source citations. Although I've already requested another peer review, as long as it helps the articles get better, I've got the time. Comments and suggestions are appreciated, as this should help me in expanding other Star Wars-centric articles.
If you have the time, it'd be great if you could look over those two articles and assess their strengths and weaknesses. Thanks, and, again, a Happy New Year to you! — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 21:24, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
By the way, I finally got around to adding that section to the Bourne Ultimatum's page that we were talking about. To see that section, click here. The section probably needs more work, though, so if you see ways for that section to be improved, please don't hesitate to do so. :) — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 21:54, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- Of course I'd be happy to give you my opinion on them; I'm really quite flattered that you've asked me to look over them. I should have the chance to do it in a couple of hours or so and then I'll be able to tell you what I think of them. I only hope I can be of help to you, since I haven't really done this before. Where would you like me to post my comments, on your talk page or the articles'? asyndeton talk 22:42, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- You can post your comments at
- my talk page.
- the articles' talk pages.
- the peer review pages for the articles, or, preferably,
- all three places mentioned above.
- I look forward to seeing your opinion. — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 00:58, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for your review of the Duck Soup article. While I await your opinion of the Princess Leia article, I strongly recommend you see Duck Soup. If you have a soft sport surreal humour and biting satire of society, you will enjoy it quite a bit! :) — Cinemaniac (talk • contribs) 03:08, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
Hello. What you think, if my idea, to raise the bar on sysop en wiki? IMO raise the bar in edition speedy deletion, because editions in speedy deletion show, if sysop know, whenas deleted a article. I'm waiting for your answer on my talk page. Best regards. Alden(Sharon boyfriend) or talk 11:17, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Alden asked for me, if you answer to my talk page, because Alden is absent on en wiki to may, but he's presents sometimes...Best regards. Kasia a.k.a KatLos 23:05, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
Please see the open discussion regarding the 24 mergers.--Lucy-marie (talk) 17:23, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
The British English standard for articles like Harry Potter
Where can I find a special Wikipedia page which explains what you told me a few days ago about how language differences (such as those between British and American English) should be kept in line with the country the article's subject is most closely affiliated with? (I need to share it with someone who thinks this is just my opinion.) (: Thanks! AshleyScripter [talkback|contribs] 20:36, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style#National varieties of English and WP:ENGLISH are what you're looking for. Regards asyndeton talk 21:09, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks -- I really appreciate your help. AshleyScripter [talkback|contribs] 21:20, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
I was wondering if you could take some time out of your schedule to head over to the Heroes (TV series) talkpage and give us an honest peer review. The page has gone through some major changes in the last few months, and it would be fantastic if a prominent editor/contributor like yourself, could head over and give us at the Heroes Wikiproject some sound opinion and ideas on improvements for the page. We have all worked very hard at improving the page, and we need great outside, reliable and trustworthy users to come over and help us improve. I you are interested in joining the peer review discussion with other prominent users/contributors, much like yourself, please follow the link. Thank you very much for your help and your continued effort to improve Wikipedia and its quality! Wikipedia:Peer review/Heroes (TV series)/archive2--Chrisisinchrist (talk) 05:47, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
A tag has been placed on Template:Episodes of Father Ted (season 1) table requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section T3 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is a deprecated or orphaned template. After seven days, if it is still unused and the speedy deletion tag has not been removed, the template will be deleted.
If the template is intended to be substituted, please feel free to remove the speedy deletion tag and please consider putting a note on the template's page indicating that it is substituted so as to avoid any future mistakes.
Thanks. --MZMcBride (talk) 04:29, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
Mediation Case on Hold
As a case is currently occurring at the Arbitration Commitee, i have placed the current MedCabal case on hold to prevent conflict occurring between any consensus that occurs at MedCab and any decisions that are made at ArbCom. I recommend you watch the outcomes and discussions that occur at ArbCom as you could be affected by them.
If you do do not want me as a mediator and wish for someone else to mediate after the ArbCom case is over then feel free to place a request on the MedCab talk page and then notify me so that i can see if your points are valid enough for me to recuse myself. I hope that this case will be dealt with soon. Seddon69 (talk) 16:21, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
Heya. i was wondering whether you could be interested in continuing to participate in the 24 characters medcab case. I believe that this dispute can be resolved given a little time and more patience from the parties involved. Seddon69 (talk) 18:04, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
Happy First Day of Spring!
--Cinemaniac (talk • contribs • critique)
00:26, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
Your Maths Question
I left an answer to you maths question . Since your reflect in a plane, the plane is fixed. So all vectors in that plane are eigenvectors with eigenvalue 1. The vectors perpendicular to that plane be reversed by the reflection, and so are eigenvectors with eigenvalue –1. Take two linearly independent vectors in the plane and a perpendicular vector as a basis and the matrix representation of the reflection will be a diagonal matrix with diagonal entries 1, 1, and –1. Again, please see . — Fly by Night (talk) 18:51, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for this. I'd been busy with some more maths (there's so much of it out there!) so hadn't had a chance to reply properly but will do so now on the Ref Desk. asyndeton talk 19:05, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Paternity (House)
is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines
or whether it should be deleted
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Paternity (House) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on good quality evidence, and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Xeworlebi (talk) 13:21, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
Ageing population and pensions
Hi. You might want to start with our articles about Population ageing and the Pensions crisis. I tried searching for "ageing population and pensions" in Google (no quotation marks) and found many news articles and technical papers as well. I'm not sure who your target audience is, so I don't know what sort of sources you're looking for, but I think those should give you a start. Good luck. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 03:55, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:45, 23 November 2015 (UTC)