G'day! This is Andrew Alder's user talk page, you knew that. Welcome!
|If I left you a message on your talk page, please respond there, I am watching your talk page. That's of course unless the message at your talk page was a mere heads-up as to progress on a discussion here or on another talk page, in which case probably best to continue the discussion where it is.
I prefer to discuss issues regarding any particular article, policy etc. at its talk page, so if I'm already involved in a discussion there's no need to fork the discussion to here, and if not then a simple heads-up here with a link to the relevant talk page and section is best. Be aware of the canvassing guidelines, but if you're just asking me for advice rather than a whole list of people there should be no problem there.
Please don't censor my talk page. Just because you don't support what someone else is saying is no reason to remove it. Is it now? (You wouldn't think I had to say that, but I have learned otherwise.)On the other hand, if the edits you are removing are by banned users (or their socks), then please feel free to do it. That's not censorship, it's administrative drudgery, and I thank you for taking it on. But if there's doubt as to who the contributor really is, or if the proposed ban is not yet in force, or both, better to leave me to clean up my own page. (And again I would have thought that was obvious to all, but have learned otherwise.) A non-abusive heads-up on the antics of the contributor, in reply to what they have said or done here, is always appreciated. TIA!
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 31 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
- 1 WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
- 2 List of current IPL team rosters listed at Redirects for discussion
- 3 Life-cycle greenhouse-gas emissions of energy sources
- 4 Merger Proposal
- 5 You've got mail
- 6 Road Case/Flight case merge
- 7 Cuban missile crisis or Cuban Missile Crisis
- 8 Valley of the Kings naming conventions
- 9 Dropping You a Line
- 10 Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for September 12
- 12 Extended confirmed protection
WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
List of current IPL team rosters listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect List of current IPL team rosters. Since you had some involvement with the List of current IPL team rosters redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion (if you have not already done so).
As I noticed you on the talk page, please check this out and let me know what you think.
2012 Yale University systematic review and Harmonization
"The collective LCA literature indicates that life cycle GHG emissions from nuclear power are only a fraction of traditional fossil sources and comparable to renewable technologies."
It went on to note that for the most common category of reactors, the Light water reactor:
The study noted that differences between emissions scenarios were:
"The electric system was dominated by nuclear (or renewables) and a system dominated by coal can result in a fairly large ranging (from 4 to 22 g CO2-eq/kWh) compared to (30 to 110 g CO2-eq/kWh), respectively."
The study predicted that depending on a number of variables, including how carbon intensive the electricity supply was in the future, and the quality of Uranium ore:
"median life cycle GHG emissions could be 9 to 110 g CO2-eq/kWh by 2050."
- http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00472.x/full Life Cycle Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Nuclear Electricity Generation
You've got mail
Road Case/Flight case merge
Agreed. I think that someone looking for encyclopaedic information on this topic would not differentiate between a flight or road case and would want all the information available in one article. Indeed, it would make Wikipedia more concise to merge. A visitor may not know there's any difference anyway, and not look for the other article at all.
Cuban missile crisis or Cuban Missile Crisis
There is currently another vote taking place on the talk page of Cuban missile crisis whether to recapitalize the name or keep it in lowercase. You participated in the 2012 vote, and may want to voice an opinion or comment on this one. I'm writing this to the voters from 2012 who may not know about this vote. Randy Kryn 19:04 13 January, 2015 (UTC)
Valley of the Kings naming conventions
Hi Andrewa, I see you were previously involved in the attempt to set forward naming conventions for tombs in the Valley of the Kings (currently listed using the KV designation). It was difficult to follow exactly where this discussion went as it seems to have left the KV62 talk page and moved to a naming convention page. That page is currently inactive and the Village Pump proposal is inactive. I am interested in re-opening the topic for discussion and have started a new threat on the KV62 talk page. I'd appreciate your input either in that discussion or in providing further information on where that discussion lead and how I can contribute further. Thank you. Scoundr3l (talk) 03:34, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
Dropping You a Line
Hello, Andrewa. You told me to drop you a line. So here it is. I do sign in the four-tilde way. Why wouldn't I? Anyway, I do not need your help. I know how to edit and contribute. I created my BDE1982 profile by accident. However, as I told you in the talk page for New York—yes, New York, not any of its redirects—this profile, bde1982, is my primary profile and the one I plan to use from now on. I am signing off now, with four tildes.—Bde1982 22:18, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- Then there is something very strange going on, user:bde1982. Your sig above isn't formatted as it should be. Andrewa (talk) 22:55, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- OK. You've been overriding the standard signature with one that doesn't contain the expected links. Maybe we should update wp:sign to tell people not to do that.
- wp:sign#Customizing how everyone sees your signature does read in part When customizing your signature, please keep the following in mind: A customised signature should make it easy to identify the username, to visit the user's talk-page, and preferably user page... (my emphasis). But you obviously either didn't read that, or didn't understand it. It's a bit buried and obscure.
Sydney Meetup next Thursday evening
You are invited to the Sydney Meetup!
- Thursday 15 September at 6PM at Petersham Bowling Club.
- (a) accessible by train - Petersham station
- (b) has some nice draught beers
- (c) has some nice food
- (d) has some quiet areas outside and inside...so people can chat without getting a hoarse voice by shouting over 100 decibels of muzak etc.
- (e) accessible by car with straightforward parking nearby
- This message was delivered to the invitation list - to opt out of future invitations please remove your name from the list. 04:04, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Union Church (Australia), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Trust (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.