G'day! This is Andrew Alder's user talk page, you knew that. Welcome!
|If I left you a message on your talk page, please respond there, I am watching your talk page. That's of course unless the message at your talk page was a mere heads-up as to progress on a discussion here or on another talk page, in which case probably best to continue the discussion where it is.
I prefer to discuss issues regarding any particular article, policy etc. at its talk page, so if I'm already involved in a discussion there's no need to fork the discussion to here, and if not then a simple heads-up here with a link to the relevant talk page and section is best. Be aware of the canvassing guidelines, but if you're just asking me for advice rather than a whole list of people there should be no problem there.
Please don't censor my talk page. Just because you don't support what someone else is saying is no reason to remove it. Is it now? (You wouldn't think I had to say that, but I have learned otherwise.)On the other hand, if the edits you are removing are by banned users (or their socks), then please feel free to do it. That's not censorship, it's administrative drudgery, and I thank you for taking it on. But if there's doubt as to who the contributor really is, or if the proposed ban is not yet in force, or both, better to leave me to clean up my own page. (And again I would have thought that was obvious to all, but have learned otherwise.) A non-abusive heads-up on the antics of the contributor, in reply to what they have said or done here, is always appreciated. TIA!
If you're tempted to go below the top three levels, you might like to read User:Andrewa/How not to rant first
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 31 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
- 1 WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
- 2 List of current IPL team rosters listed at Redirects for discussion
- 3 Life-cycle greenhouse-gas emissions of energy sources
- 4 Merger Proposal
- 5 You've got mail
- 6 Road Case/Flight case merge
- 7 Cuban missile crisis or Cuban Missile Crisis
- 8 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 9 The Gifted
- 10 Jessie (TV series)
WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
List of current IPL team rosters listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect List of current IPL team rosters. Since you had some involvement with the List of current IPL team rosters redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion (if you have not already done so).
As I noticed you on the talk page, please check this out and let me know what you think.
2012 Yale University systematic review and Harmonization
"The collective LCA literature indicates that life cycle GHG emissions from nuclear power are only a fraction of traditional fossil sources and comparable to renewable technologies."
It went on to note that for the most common category of reactors, the Light water reactor:
The study noted that differences between emissions scenarios were:
"The electric system was dominated by nuclear (or renewables) and a system dominated by coal can result in a fairly large ranging (from 4 to 22 g CO2-eq/kWh) compared to (30 to 110 g CO2-eq/kWh), respectively."
The study predicted that depending on a number of variables, including how carbon intensive the electricity supply was in the future, and the quality of Uranium ore:
"median life cycle GHG emissions could be 9 to 110 g CO2-eq/kWh by 2050."
- http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2012.00472.x/full Life Cycle Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Nuclear Electricity Generation
You've got mail
Road Case/Flight case merge
Agreed. I think that someone looking for encyclopaedic information on this topic would not differentiate between a flight or road case and would want all the information available in one article. Indeed, it would make Wikipedia more concise to merge. A visitor may not know there's any difference anyway, and not look for the other article at all.
Cuban missile crisis or Cuban Missile Crisis
There is currently another vote taking place on the talk page of Cuban missile crisis whether to recapitalize the name or keep it in lowercase. You participated in the 2012 vote, and may want to voice an opinion or comment on this one. I'm writing this to the voters from 2012 who may not know about this vote. Randy Kryn 19:04 13 January, 2015 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- Koala15, which links do you mean? And is that according to a policy or guideline I may have missed, or is it your opinion? If it's your opinion, perhaps it should be proposed and discussed on a more appropriate talk page?
- This is a collaboration. The closing admin is expected to do some of the urgent cleaning up (the fair use rationale on the cover art for example) but there's nothing stopping you doing some of the work too! Andrewa (talk) 22:19, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
- I note you have not answered any of my questions.
Hello Andrewa. Just letting you know Jessie (TV series) should in fact be redirected back to the disambib. page at Jessie rather than to Jessie (2011 TV series). As per my original WP:RM proposal, before that can happen though, someone with WP:AWB capability needs to change all the links listed here from Jessie (TV series) to Jessie (2011 TV series). I would do this myself, but I don't have WP:AWB (I use Macs, and AWB is still PC-only...). Thanks! --IJBall (contribs • talk) 13:02, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I saw that. Never having used AWB I'm not the one to do it I'm afraid, and I'm not sure how to request it either... if you find out, let me know. Andrewa (talk) 18:03, 22 June 2017 (UTC)