User talk:CSI Aviation
- You can't delete it yourself: only an administrator can do it for you. Normally, user talk pages such as this one are not deleted, even on request, but you may leave it blank at your discretion. Its edit history, however, will remain accessible. If you wish to invoke your right to vanish (click on the link for the procedure), a bureaucrat will change your user name to something anonymous. -- Blanchardb -Me•MyEars•MyMouth- timed 00:08, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, I meant the page on Wikipedia about CSI Aviation Services. The reason I am requesting the deletion is because the page is flagged for numerous violations and our account is blocked. At this point I feel the best course of action is to delete the page, as having it up with the violations reflects negatively on us. Thanks for your help. CSI Aviation (talk) 14:53, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- The thing is, since you work for CSI Aviation, you are in a conflict of interest by making such a request, and it will not be granted solely on the grounds that you want that page removed. To have a page about a company removed, you must show that it (the company, not the article) does not meet our inclusion guidelines laid out here. You must go through that process even if you own the company, and the fact you own the company will not be taken in consideration when the community considers your request. What you are calling violation flags are anything but that: rather, they are flags telling potential editors how to improve the article, not reasons to delete it. The only flag that could lead to deletion is the one about notability, and it merely means that the article will be deleted if and only if all reasonable attempts to show notability have failed. That's regardless of the company's wishes.
- That the current state of the page reflects negatively on the company will not be taken in consideration either. Sorry. You do not own the article on your company. Currently, the only solid grounds for deletion is the fact no one but you has made substantial edits to the article (see speedy deletion criterion G7), and I'll take the liberty of making that request for you.
- As for you being blocked, the only reason for that is that your user name states that you are a representative of a company. Creating another account that reflects only you without linking you to a company will solve the problem.
- Hope this helps. -- Blanchardb -Me•MyEars•MyMouth- timed 20:59, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- Just a clarification regarding the current state of the page reflecting badly on the company: had the page been an unreferenced attack page against the company, or an unambiguous ad, it would have been deleted the minute it was brought to our attention by you or someone else. But given that it's neither, it requires cleanup, and not deletion. -- Blanchardb -Me•MyEars•MyMouth- timed 19:15, 13 April 2012 (UTC)