Hello Cutter, this is Exir Kamalabadi, and I hope that you are having fun with Wikipedia. First of all, welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit! Find something that can be improved, either in content, grammar or formatting, then fix it. Don't be afraid. Be bold! If you do something wrong, there is always someone who will clean up the mess.
Here are some links that you may find helpful:
- Be bold!
- Contributing to Wikipedia
- The Tutorial, How to edit a page and the Manual of Style
- Picture tutorial
- Community Portal. You can get some work over there.
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia, the Simplified Ruleset, and What Wikipedia is not
- Wikiquette, the Wikipedian etiquette
Here are also some tips that you might find useful:
- Sign your posts on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~)
- Create a User page so that others can know you
- Add yourself to the list of Wikipedians
- Go to the Village Pump or the Help Desk if you need Wikipedia related help, or the Reference Desk for general questions.
Finally, feel free to leave me a message on my talk page when you need help!
Video game music samples
- I absolutely agree. Should we wait for people to come and express their opinions or go look for them on other video-game related articles and draw their attention? --CutterX 23:38, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
You may wish to reconsider your vote after seeing the new version of this animation. Feel free to remove this note once you've seen it. --Gmaxwell 23:38, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Private information on talk page, Please Stop
Hi, you may not realize it but you could be potting someone's life in harm's way by revealing private information about them. If the information is true it still needs to be widely known and reported in reliable sources. If it's not true you could be putting someone who you believe to be that person at risk. Crocker has received death threats and wikipedia cannot contribute to the harm of someone by revealing their private information. You probably meant well but it's more important that wikipedia sticks to guidelines for reporting private information per [WP:Bio]. Benjiboi 19:30, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, what were you talking about? I don't remember providing any Crocker's personal information as I don't know them. --CutterX 02:28, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
Hello there. This is an automated message to tell you about the gradual phasing out of the preference entitled "Mark all edits minor by default", which you currently have (or very recently had) enabled.
On 13 March 2011, this preference was hidden from the user preferences screen as part of efforts to prevent its accidental misuse (consensus discussion). This had the effect of locking users in to their existing preference, which, in your case, was
true. To complete the process, your preference will automatically be changed to
false in the next few days. This does not require any intervention on your part and you will still be able to manually mark your edits as being 'minor'. The only thing that's changed is that you will no longer have them marked as minor by default.