User talk:David scholefield
First of all, welcome to wikipedia. Please read WP:Tutorial for help on editing.
- Your article on Port 80 Breaks with wikipedia's style guidelines.
- It contains unencyclopedic information, which could've been explained in a better way. It really holds some potential, but also a lot of nonsense.
- Consider what happends if all 65536 ports need their own page.
- The topic is covered in the HTTP article.
- Such services should be covered by name, not by port numer, like the case is with HTTP, DNS, FTP etc etc. I see that some people might look for port 80, but then it is better to add a redirect.
- It really does not cover technical aspects of the HTTP protocol.
- It has no inter-wiki links. It is not linked from any article.
For the reasons outlined, I don't think this page should exist on wikipedia, however, I'm not going to suggest it on the Articles for Deletion page. I however encourage you to list it as a candidate for speedy deletion yourself, since you're the sole editor of it so far, or add a redirect to the HTTP article.
Good luck in further edits. And you can always reply on my talk page :)
Vidarlo 18:29, 2 January 2006 (UTC)