User talk:Jain puneet
Adding information into articles
Hi. I see you've been recommending new information be added to Investment banking. I appreciate your attempts to improve Wikipedia so thank you for contributing. However, much of what you've been suggesting is unsourced and not very verifiable. Please read WP:Verifiability for the policy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a message on my talk page. Cheers, Zain Ebrahim (talk) 21:19, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
- could you please tell me how to check wp verifiability.
- some of them have been written by me , n some of them i have sourced it from internet. so how to go about now.
- i am seriously interested in editing wp articles.Thanks —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jain puneet (talk • contribs) 11:22, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Firstly, I moved your response here because I like to keep conversations in one place (some people prefer not to do this but you'll learn as you go). If you want to reply then do so here and I'll be watching this page.
- Regarding WP:Verifiability, here's an excerpt from the policy:
- Articles should rely on reliable, third-party published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy.
- For the ones you've sourced from the internet you need to ensure that the sources conform to the policy. For the ones that you wrote yourself, it would be best if you continue to post your reccomendations to the talk page instead of the actual article to avoid a WP:Conflict of interest (perhaps this is why you've been doing so all along?). Bear in mind that your writings would need to have been published in reliable third party sources.
- Zain Ebrahim (talk) 15:41, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Some projects you may be interested in
I see that your posts at Talk:Investment banking don't receive much attention. Wikipedia has several projects that focus on certain specific areas. The projects are usually a LOT more active than talk pages due to the high amount of traffic. You should add a note to the relevant project talk page and ask someone to look at your suggestions at Talk:Investment banking (unfortunately, I don't have much expertise in that field so I can't really help). You might be interested in the following:
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Economics
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Finance
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Investment
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Business and Economics
I think that the Business and Economics project would be the most appropriate in this case although Finance would also be fine. Go to the project page and click on discussion to go to the project's talk page. Hope this helps! Zain Ebrahim (talk) 15:57, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Hello Jain puneet, Can you help me in the article Gajpanth(A holy Jain place) . I have started a new article, I asked you help because I wanted an person from India or an Jain so that I can get detailed information on Gajpanth. If you would like to work on this article please reply me on Gajpanth talkpage please Thank you very much for giving your necessary time for my message. Regards BOTFIGHTER BOTFIGHTER (talk) 11:24, 30 November 2015 (UTC)