Hello Jwy. Im afraid I'm completely out of my depth here. I have tried clicking on the links you sent to me but they don't work and I can only think its because I am writing on a tablet? I joined wikipedia to edit Peter Nichols, my fathers wiki page because he was getting very distressed by the content that was on it as it is inaccurate and misleading. It was also out of date. He gave me the text I put on.now you have reverted it to what it was he is upset again. I'm afraid I don't really understand what I have to do to get the text I put in back again. Also because I cant see it I cant correct it to what ever you think I should. Is there anything that can be done to make this easier for me? Thank you Louise Louisenichols14 (talk) 20:05, 23 July 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Louisenichols14 (talk • contribs) 19:51, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- I will respond here and on your page to make sure you see this. I'm glad to help sort things out as I am a fan both of Wikipedia and your father. Wikipedia has a very strong policy about the biographies of living persons which says:
"Contentious material about living persons ... that is unsourced or poorly sourced – whether the material is negative, positive, neutral, or just questionable – should be removed immediately and without waiting for discussion."
- so DO remove any information that is un-sourced. I admit I may not have done a good job of scanning for that in the original, but your updates (if I remember) did not have many references either which is why I reverted it. I am at work now, but will help out with that this evening. I DID ask the Theater group here on Wikipedia to help out, but I haven't heard anything.
- There is a balancing policy about (possible) conflict of interest, which means work you do as his daughter will be looked at closely. But the main idea is to provide references to (almost) everything in the article, even if you are related to the subject - or even ARE the subject! So it might be best to concentrate on removing un-sourced material and we can slowly work back with sourced information. If there are biographies, articles, web pages that you know about, you might post them on Talk:Peter Nichols and the community can help out as well.
- I'll try to track down more people to help here, as well. We DO want to "get it right."
- I'm not sure what the problem with the links is. A Computer might do better than a tablet.
--John (User:Jwy/talk) 21:37, 23 July 2014 (UTC)