User talk:Mujinga/archive one
archive one Mujinga 22:20, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
Underground Tekno Culture
i am also interested to sort out the tekno pages a bit ... i have been updating the teknival, freetekno, spiral tribe pages and would also like to look at the czechtek and free tekno pages. suburbass has a page which is very subjective and compared to other artists not listed here (eg crystal distortion) he is minor figure, but then hey, we can only move forward in slow steps!! for the record i agree with making free party and squat party the same page and leaving freetekno for canada, then i would add that free tekno needs developing as a musical genre page. i may do soemthing towards that, because other genre pages eg gabba and breakcore are much much better. but agin, i dont have so much time at my disposal... Mujinga 00:38, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
- Hey man, got your message. I'm happy to help out with the various articles (Free parties - Teknival - etc) but willing to leave the bulk of it to others as I'm not as into the scene as I used to be and certain stuff may have changed. Tell me any idea's of what you want to be doing with any articles and I'll let you know how much my knowledge can assist. Raerth 03:35, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
- Just thought I should say nice one for the Teknival page, it looks much better (I had forgot all about the Barking SucmTek)! I am still not sure what (if anything) should be done about Freetekno as I have never really used the word and am not sure what it means but I agree. Anyway looks like Teknival, Freetekno and Free Party are getting sorted, we also need to do something about Sound system (DJ) and I think free festival needs to be merged. Rex the first 00:11, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks Rex :] and now i see i should save what i write on my page and ALSO the page of the person im talking to (like you did), it makes things much easier to follow a complete thread than half a conversation...
In response to what you say, i think things are a bit confusing, but getting better. freetekno is kinda an alternative to free party and while they can coexist for me and be linked together, it still does def. need a cleanup. Free Party, the link you used, goes to the old uk free party site, not Free party, but at least they have cross-links. free festival does need expanding it is true ... i would like to add something about the deep tribal human need to dance but i dont want to have to dig up references 0[ ... but i would be against merging it because it is useful hub for ppl who come interested in free festivals of all description, such as tekno, green, hippy and so on. Sound system (DJ) needs a bit of work, but i added some more links and referenced it also to Freetekno soundsystem, which also exists!! blimey!
And i stated elsewhere on (Raerth's talk): i dont have any concrete plans really, except updating the teknival page and changing the free tekno page into a page about the musical genre ... im basically changing things where i feel like they are needed, if you wanna check my changes and add your own then that would be cool! discussion of these things is also great ... i will drop you a line if something occurs to me ... on a moment's reflection i can ask you:
do you know how to add the musical genre boxes as at the bottom of the breakcore page (the breakcore page is really well done actually) and/or how to include free tekno in those boxes? i am thinking to change the link for free tekno just to tekno, then list free tekno alongside the other alternative names such as spiral tekno, french hardcore etc. what do you think? feel like adding producers/labels to the free tekno page?
is free tekno dead? i could list more recent producers but maybe they arent making free tekno any more ... its hard to say what something is when you are in the middle of it and my interest lies more in breakcore and noise nowadays ... i think my dutch dj friends prefer to use the term hardcore again. it kinda covers everything. cheers! Mujinga 12:24, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
- A slow response on musical genre boxes, checkout Help:Template, also I have merged Freetekno soundsystem to Sound system (DJ). I am thinking about doing a free party/freetekno template...
- Rex the first 23:09, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
hoi rex, im back online after a bit and have unleashed my latest idea...
im not sure if its really necessary or not, but it could be useful. feel free to add more english sisdems if you feel so inclined, at the mo' the list is very london-biased cheers! Mujinga 20:52, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- Added some things but just though this might get deleted WP:NOT#Wikipedia is not a mirror or a repository of links, images, or media files. Just thought I should warn you. Cool idea though, maybe worth asking if a list of external links is a valid article? Rex the first talk | contribs 21:48, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- hoi rex, yep as you suggested if got proposed for deletion, so i have made it a list of sisdems with no external links. i will ask some people to add more and will chase up a network23 list of sisdems from a few years back which might still be kicking around somewhere. cheers Mujinga 10:35, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
hi rex, nice one for the dstorm story on teknival, i also remembered it and found a ref. on undercurrents Mujinga 04:52, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
- http://www.myspace.com/gvkmartelentete martelentete made power vs power 4, you can hear tracks on their site
- http://www.toolboxrecords.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Power%20Versus%20Power&search_label=on ::toolbox listings for power vs power label
- and since i didnt hear of horrorcore either and that seems to be an american hip hop phenomenon, i should qualify my question and ask where in the world terrorcore is used. i didnt hear of it in holland.Mujinga 15:09, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. Can't answer your question.--220.127.116.11 11:08, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
I'm in a bit of a quandry about this article. It's proposes for deletion, which I oppose on the grounds that it's only similar to a list of musicians. However, I'm also wary of putting so many links to sites about people who are basically breaking the law as I think this kind of creates a nice directory for those who'd try and stop us doing what we do to find out more.
I'm inclined to say try and provide a bit of info on the systems but not publish their links here? Wholesale advertising of soundsystem links and too many details on such a public arena seems to me to be inviting trouble. People I know who run systems have been F****** over by things like this happening. Acidsaturation 19:41, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
In fact I have removed one link for this reason - Sorry. Acidsaturation 19:50, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
- hi acidsaturation, so i made the list page a list without external links ... probably it better like that and a rex suggests, then it fits better the wikipedia format. i agree ppl should be careful with what they say and to who, but yeah, i agree with rex that if there is a site online it can already be monitored, and just a list (which will hopefully feature present and dead sisdems and should become pretty massive in time, there a shockin number of sisdems out there) doesnt give too much info. also, i think we get stronger by creating our own alternative history. there already was a project to list sisdems on network23 a few years back, then iguess it disappeared, hopefully with wikipedia then the list will stay for a longer time...
- just for completion this is what i wrote on the list discussion page...
- Yep, i changed the page to just a list, rather than a list of external links, so there is no need for the deletion notice. i actually think that in a way having the links is more useful, but in other ways as you already mentioned elsewhere, it better like this. links get broken over time also. i agree the list functions in the same way as a list of rock and roll bands or breakcore artists and thats why i wanted to make it.
- cheers, Mujinga 10:27, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- Cool - I totally agree as a listing project it's a good idea. I think wikipedia is just a little mainstream to hold too much info - at the moment at least.
I am now removing some names from this talk for the moment. Acidsaturation 11:03, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Illegalparty rename help
Could you help rename Template:Illegalparty as it is up for deletion and is useful in linking articles. I can't think of a name that links all the article and is less POV so any suggestions? Rex the first talk | contribs 22:30, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hi Rex, got yr message after a few days without inet .. to me it seems a bit dumb to label 'illegal party' as NPOV, but maybe 'rave' or 'free party' would be better. i like 'free party' meself, but maybe thats also NPOV. er, 'underground party'? I would like the template to stay as i think it performs a useful function. Seeya later! Mujinga 13:02, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
The List of free party sound systems is a candidate for deletion. It's a bit annoying since we already discussed it once on the talk page, and to me it is clearly notable, verifiable, useful etc etc. Anyway, your contribution to the debate is of course welcome. Here is the link. Mujinga 00:27, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry I never responded, I have been away for a couple of weeks, well handled! You seem like you have quite a bit of policing on that page but it is growing steadily. Rex the first talk | contribs 00:35, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
i would like to get rid of this doof merger box ... i would say its better to keep the doof page separate but then to refer to it here in the teknival article. they are linked, but different, because teknivals are a european, free party phenomenon which are always free whereas the term doof appears to be australian and doofs seem to be either free or paid. Mujinga 18:55, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
- I added the merge tag as Hughcharlesparker suggested a merge to rave, I felt that a merge to Teknival would be more appropriate. I think that you could probably find some difference between the two but do they need separate articles (I think one good article is better than one good and one bad)? Then again I also don't know anything about doofs so if they are so different a separate article is needed than please delete the merge tag on both pages! I think you might be the bester person to decided as the editor who created the page was an ip address. Also I responded to Talk:Freetekno. Rex the first talk | contribs 23:49, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
Re this comment : Please see Wikipedia's no personal attacks policy. Comment on content, not on the contributor; personal attacks damage the community and deter users. Note that continued personal attacks may lead to blocks for disruption. Please stay cool and keep this in mind while editing. Thank you. --ZimZalaBim (talk) 23:10, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
Read the comment dude. No personal attacks present, just a bit of sympathy for poor old Striver, on his/her own user page. Mujinga 23:13, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
- OK and i will assume good faith on your part, so thanks for taking an interest! Mujinga 00:41, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
Please do not make personal attacks on other people, as you did at Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/TerrorStorm_(2nd_Nomination). Wikipedia has a policy against personal attacks. In some cases, users who engage in personal attacks may be blocked from editing by admins or banned by the arbitration committee. Comment on content, not on other contributors or people. Please resolve disputes appropriately. Thank you. Here, and here. --Tbeatty 03:04, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
- Er, ok, and who are you? Well, anyway, i will assume good faith for your comments. Mujinga 23:09, 10 September 2006 (UTC))
- I heard you the first time! I was just wondering what your personal interest in this was ... Now i see you are also involved in the AfD debate ... for completion, here is what i said on your talk page
Mujinga 11:39, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
- Indeed i was responding your comment on my talk page ... Thanks for responding, I didnt see that you were also involved in the AfD debate, which I think is quite an interesting one. By the way, for your contribution, you didn't just say Delete you said: "Delete per Mongo. More cruft by Striver." - which seems to me to be less a comment on the content, more a comment on the contributor. Mujinga 11:39, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
- Hello there Mujinga. Tbeatty’s message to you of the personal attacks that are documented here on this talk page shall suffice as for the record. Please do not use those types of descriptors against fellow Wikipedians who are working to put this project together. You do not want to end up on a notice board. I would like to think that we cherish all positive contributions to society of notable people, and recognize their accomplishments on this project with good articles about them. We are not bigots. If you do not believe me, I have submitted articles recognizing (and honoring) the Japanese contributions to the southern U.S. Just in case you do not believe me:  Thanks. JungleCat talk/contrib 02:35, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi there JungleCat, yes i appreciate i should have said that editors "seem to be acting in a bigoted fashion" rather than simply using the word 'bigots' which on reflection could of course cause offence. I will make a comment on the AfD about this too. My point is that i used the word 'bigots' because it seems the people wanting to delete this article are not so much interested in the film (have YOU seen it by the way? it does raise some interesting questions in my opinion) rather they are engaged in a vendetta with Striver. But of course a story has at least two sides - mayeb Striver did load up lots of unnotable 9/11 pages as User:GabrielF suggests, but if he did i haven't seen them. I have seen User:GabrielF/911TMCruft which makes his POV pretty clear. I also want to address this in the AfD. As for my comment to you here, well I would just like to say that if you are making comments like  then its not just me who needs to remember to comment on content and not the contributor! Cheers, respectfully yours. Mujinga 12:01, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
The preceding section begs the question: Have you previously edited under the username Striver? Have you previously edited under the username Pussy_Galore? Have you previously edited under the username AmitDeshwar? Morton devonshire 12:00, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Please contribute to Straw Poll
Hi, we are having a straw poll in order to save the "9/11 Conspiracies" page from generalized disorganization. Could you please help us out by casting your vote [here]? Thanks --18.104.22.168 18:57, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
hi Mujinga, thanx for contact me. i would like to contribute on english wikipedia, but there is a language barier for me. and there's a lot wiki police officers those days. i writte a bit about italian and ex-yugoslavian movement on serbian wiki and i will try to translate some. but my grammar is realy bad.
i saw there was lists of squats in holland and spain and i thought why not italy. and then few more country where squatting is present. but i am not insist on it, it is more important to writte on some specific squatq. anyway, i am still new here. hope to make something together.
p.s. i am writing of ASCII on serbian, those days i will put language link. --Mladifilozof 20:10, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- thanks for your message, if you need help with grammar for articles on specific squats then maybe i can help - i am a native english speaker. Mujinga 21:49, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
Strange Close & Re-List
The Afd that you voted on at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/James W. Walter has been closed and relisted by an Admin at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/James W. Walter (second nomination). Before re-listing, the vote was 19 delete, 5 keep. Morton devonshire 22:27, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi Mujinga. I'm always happy to discuss my decisions. In this case I looked at all the opinions expressed and the list, and have to say that Eusebeus position - "unencyclopedic and unmaintainable list that suffers from potential arbitrariness and has verifiability issues as well" was pretty close to the mark. The parent article, or regional articles about squatting, could easily contain info about the few truly notable squats that exist. The potential for this list to contain redlinks to just about anywhere that people squat was great. Most importantly, I weighed the opinions of those who commented against the relevant sections of WP:NOT, and felt that the right outcome was to delete. As the lists concerning Spain and the Netherlands had not been correctly added, it did not seem fair to delete them as well. While I note you were not in favour of a "Squatting in the UK" article, it would perhaps be a better place to present this kind of information. I hope you understand my reasoning. Cheers, Deizio talk 22:59, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
- Great, thanks a lot for your reply, Deiz, i totally support your arguments as it happens but i was just interested to hear what they were. Personally i think a "Squatting in the UK" article is a good step in the future (i might even start it myself) but for now the UK section in Squatting serves ok. And the notable squats have a section there too. So it' all good. Thanks again! Mujinga 23:05, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
thanx for advices, i needed some time to translated them all... i take article on metelkova from their site, because i think it is not copyrighted and i thougt people will edit this article, by time, to became good one. anyway, it was my first intend to do smthing on wikipedia. next time i will ask someone for help. greetingz! --Mladifilozof 00:36, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- p.s. i saw now that u fixed metelkova. thanx!--Mladifilozof 00:39, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- now i saw on their site on slovenian that centar still exist, authorities demolished only one part, known as Small school. i will try to edit, but be there to chek me out! --Mladifilozof 01:12, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- ok, thats interesting, it was a bit vague here, where it said:
- "In 2006, the Inspectorate for the Environment unsuccessfully tried to carry out the demolition of Metelkova, but was prevented each time by the physical yet non-violent intervention of people at Metelkova itself. On 2nd August, however, the Inspectorate nonetheless succeded in its intentions, and with the help of a large number of police who cordoned off the relevant site. Nonetheless, later in the same time, the various users of Metelkova decided to build a new school in place of the the old one. This will not be renamed the Small school. Rather, we want to show that we have politically as well as culturally grown and developed in all these years. Therefore instead of a “Small school” we shall build a “Primary school”. The autonomy that therefore crucially defines the creativity Metelkova continues regardless. "
- If you wanna change it (you could just change it to saying the school was demolished) then go ahead. BUT remember you must give REFERENCES (and sorry but in english is best for the english wikipedia!). I'm tired now, I will probably go sleep, but i will check tomorrow what you did or if you want leave me a note go ahead. Or we could discuss it on the article's talk page here. Cheers and happy editing Mujinga 01:23, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi! just to tell you, that I started to arange a little squatting galery on wikicomons. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Squatting couse this is only what I can do good without knowlenge of language. so, if u know for some more pictures, just put em up!!! greetingz --Mladifilozof 17:52, 30 October 2006 (UTC)