I am currently unable to devote sufficient time to Wikipedia to edit diligently and responsibly; therefore, I have chosen not to participate at all.* I still hope to return, if real life permits. In the unlikely event anyone is looking for me, they can find me in a warm, cozy place. The food is especially tasty there, the furnishings comfortable, and there's even email service.
Talk Archive Early 2010 | Talk Archive Late 2010 | Talk Archive Early 2011 | Talk Archive Late 2011
Talk Archive Early 2012 | Talk Archive Mid 2012 | Talk Archive Late 2012
Talk Archive Early 2013 | Talk Archive Mid 2013 | Talk Archive Late 2013
Talk Archive Early 2014
Constructive criticism, kudos, and questions are always gladly received.
Please assume good faith and be polite, and I promise to return the favor!
To make sure I receive your email, always use the link in the toolbox on the left of this page (and ping me here).
Wil Wheaton photo discussion
- To paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of my departure have been greatly exaggerated. Well, they would be exaggerated if there had been any! Truth is, I just don't have time anymore to get sucked in by my watchlist, however much I trim it, let alone deal with the POV-pushing hypocrites, sociopathic trolls, and sundry dramah purveyors that haunt this site. However, like a bad penny I'll turn up again, probably in a few weeks when some RL projects are completed and more of my time is my own again. But thank you so much for asking . . . it's nice when somebody notices one is gone! It did occur to me that Bishzilla had a special sanctuary reserved for me, but I've been too busy even to go there. What exactly are the check-in procedures, anyway? Rivertorch (talk) 21:12, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- As for check-in procedures, you could do what WP:Dummy edit states and use a dummy edit to provide "proof of activity from time to time [because you do not] wish to contribute but [do] not want to be seen as entirely inactive (such an edit is normally made to [your] own user or user talk page)." Flyer22 (talk) 21:22, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- The procedure for self-requested pocketings is described on the pocket page: essentially, you apply on the talkpage. You'll find plenty of crazed creatures there to chat to! Welcome! Note that Bishonen's Saturday class in Cake Appreciation is in recess, but feel free to access the well-stocked cake fridge at any time. Bishonen | talk 22:03, 17 May 2014 (UTC).
- One edit, and yes it does look COI-ish. Someone apparently uninvolved added it in again. Don't worry, be happy. Rivertorch's Evil Twin (talk) 03:22, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- But if worry is your middle name and happy is just a distant memory, I know a place where if troubles don't quite melt like lemon drops at least nepenthe is sold over the counter. My good twin tells me that one's editing skills get rusty there, and it's a bit lonely, and he's getting a trifle concerned about taking advantage of the hospitality of his host . . . but he's not quite ready to dive back into the turbulent waters. Pray the kind beast be patient. Rivertorch's Evil Twin (talk) 03:55, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Does annoying little Evil Twin really not monitor his page? Automatic e-mail when page edited is available in prefs! Silly fellow!. Anyway. Lucia treats available there. Enough for two. bishzilla ROARR!! 16:07, 13 December 2014 (UTC).
- Maybe User:Rivertorch's evil twin clone son from another dimension might be the one to contact for the next couple days. Maybe Fredd set a new precedent for wikimedia users we didn't know about before. John Carter (talk) 18:40, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- @BZ: You don't expect someone this evil to monitor his email every day, do you? Rivertorch's Evil Twin (talk) 06:36, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- @JC: Fredd is spelled with two "d"s "because he was too evil for just one 'd'". Little known fact: Rivertorch's Evil Twin is spelled with three "d"s, but his evil magic makes them invisible to mere mortals. Rivertorch's Evil Twin (talk) 06:36, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
|Happy Holiday Cheer|
|Season's Greetings! This message celebrates the holiday season, promotes WikiLove, and hopefully makes your day a little better. Spread the seasonal good cheer by wishing another user an Awesome Holiday and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone with whom you had disagreements in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Share the good feelings! Joys! Paine|
- My good twin thanks you and wishes you happy holidays. He was a little apprehensive about spending Christmas in confinement, but it turns out there's all kinds of good cheer in there; the fridge is stocked with mince pies and egg nog, the liquor cabinet is brimming with awesomeness, and there's even been talk of a smörgåsbord. I tried to sneak in a Christmas tree with live candles, and would you believe they stopped me at the door? Maybe I should have dressed up as one of my nemeses and used the chimney instead. They must have a chimney, right? Imagine that
right jolly old elfflabby old do-gooder squeezing through a cat flap. Hmm . . . wonder if they'd like some reindeer pâté for their smörgåsbord? Rivertorch's Evil Twin (talk) 18:36, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
Infobox photo discussion
Hi again. Happy New Year. Can you offer your opinion on which photo is better for the Infobox here? If you're not able to participate, just disregard this message; you don't have to message me. Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 01:01, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
Community desysoping RfC
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:06, 23 November 2015 (UTC)