Talk Archive Early 2011 | Talk Archive Late 2011 | Talk Archive Early 2012 | Talk Archive Mid 2012 | Talk Archive Late 2012 | Talk Archive Early 2013
Talk Archive Mid 2013 | Talk Archive Late 2013 | Talk Archive Early 2014 | Talk Archive "The Dark Years" | Talk Archive "He's Baaaack"
Constructive criticism, kudos, and questions are always gladly received.
Please assume good faith and be polite, and I promise to return the favor.
- If you leave me a message on my talk page, I'll reply here.
- If I leave you a message on your talk page, please reply there.
Using the Talkback template is unnecessary, but feel free to ping me if you expected a response and didn't get one after a reasonable interval.
New discussions go at the end of the page. To begin a new discussion, click the "new section" or "+" tab or click this handy link.
It's better if you supply a link to provide context so that I'll know what you're talking about.
Please be sure to sign your talk-page posts by typing four consecutive tildes (~~~~).
Rivertorch, can you please give me a straight answer on this: are you objecting to the wording "is a transgender person who was assigned male at birth but whose gender identity is that of a woman" or not? Why do you keep accusing me of flogging a dead horse etc when (as I've stated at least ten times now) I have CHANGED my proposed wording based on your concerns? Why do you keep insisting that I am the only one advocating this wording when a look at the beginning of the talk page discussion shows several editors (Flyer22 Reborn, SusunW) expressing acceptance of this wording? Colonial Overlord (talk) 03:38, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- @Colonial Overlord: (1) Yes, I believe that the wording that you quote above is suboptimal. (2) Because you're stating things at least ten times—the textbook definition of flogging a dead horse. (3) You're the one who has consistently been advocating for a change in the wording. Some users may find your revised proposal more acceptable than your original proposal, but it's still suboptimal. Is that "straight" enough for you? RivertorchFIREWATER 04:18, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
SMILE!! 9 July 2017
About My Klux Klan .
- There were several reasons, two of which I touched on in my edit summary. If you really need more detail...all right. Try reading the sentence aloud with your change. Does that sound like standard English syntax? We don't insert adjectives willy-nilly just because they're apt; it destroys the flow of a sentence to do that. If one wanted to add the word "racist" to that sentence, it would have to go after "distinct", not before. However, the sentence goes on to talk about "extremist reactionary positions such as white supremacy, white nationalism, anti-immigration and—especially in later iterations—Nordicism". This makes the racist nature of the organization quite clear, and should obviate any need for the word. Sometimes less is more. RivertorchFIREWATER 15:44, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
|Thanks for supporting my run for administrator. I am honored and grateful. ) Cullen328 Let's discuss it 23:32, 23 July 2017 (UTC)|
- @Cullen328: Truly a no-brainer. Good luck with the mop—hope it doesn't turn you mean and grouchy! RivertorchFIREWATER 02:51, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- No way under the sun. I edit for the pleasure of helping to create a free encyclopedia. If it is not fun, I just log off. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 04:04, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
On this day, 11 years ago...
- Thanks, Lepricavark. A certain someone who keeps forgetting my birthday could take a lesson from you and the Committee. RivertorchFIREWATER 16:09, 5 August 2017 (UTC)
SRS title change to GCS talk page
Hey Rivertorch, thanks for posting to the talk page earlier. Did you get a chance to look at my response to your request for international (English-speaking) sources. I posted a multitude of sources from countries around the world. UigeqHfejn1dn (talk) 03:41, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, I got distracted yesterday and haven't had a chance to look at anything. Will try now. RivertorchFIREWATER 14:23, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, I see you've been socking. Never mind. RivertorchFIREWATER 14:24, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thank you so much for your support at Teahouse on August 2nd. It was really helpful to understand. Sorry for late reply since I was in the summer vacation. Best regards, Pinablue JPN (talk) 21:45, 13 August 2017 (UTC)|
- Hey, thank you! I'm glad I could help, and I hope you had an enjoyable vacation. RivertorchFIREWATER 03:36, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- A bit Dantean perhaps but not inapt, at least sometimes. RivertorchFIREWATER 03:45, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
Can you tell me why my insertion of Heathrow reference in Slough article keeps getting removed. Slough is closed to Heathrow and surely this is a relevant snippet of information? Also the photo of Slough trading estate is ugly and reinforces negative stereotypes? Lennonfan1 (talk) 21:58, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- I can tell you, yes, but let's not do it here. The notice at the top of this page says, "If I leave you a message on your talk page, please reply there." I left a message on your talk page, so that's where I'd prefer to conduct this conversation. Better still, if you follow the advice I left on your talk page, you'll read WP:BRD and then open a discussion at Talk:Slough. It is there, at the article's talk page, that questions about improving the article are settled, and it is there that consensus will be shown either for or against the content you keep inserting. I'm not the only one who has reverted your edits, so this cannot be resolved on my talk page or yours. RivertorchFIREWATER 01:34, 16 August 2017 (UTC)