|This is the talkpage of XLinkBot (formerly SquelchBot), a bot designed to revert spamming, or other edits that introduce external links which do not comply with our external links guideline, or with the policy 'What wikipedia is not' (not a repository of links section).
If your additions were reverted by XLinkBot, please take time to review our external links & spam guidelines, and take note that Wikipedia is not a repository of links, a directory, nor a place to promote your own work. If you feel your addition was within those policies and guidelines and are Reliable and Verifiable, and do not violate Copyright, you may undo the changes made by XLinkBot. Questions are welcome, however this talk page is for civil discussion and is not a complaints department.
MONTOKIA THANKS XLINKBOT FOR HELP
Links to youtube videos
I attempted to add links to my Gertrude Stein videos on this page Gertrude_Stein and they were reverted, and upon reflection I can understand why - however - there are many Gertrude Stein videos now on youtube that people have made that users of the wiki page would find useful. Is is possible to simply post a link launching the appropriate search i.e. "Gertrude Stein" on youtube? If not, at least a note about their existence and availability? [There are actually people who still don't just google everything] Organuz (talk) 23:17, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Organuz: We are an encyclopaedia, not a links directory, so please look at Wikipedia:External links then come back and reframe your question. — billinghurst sDrewth 06:32, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
This refers to the removal for the external link
The external link is as per the guidelines. The link is to a non commercial site that has high quality content related to the page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sa4877 (talk • contribs) 09:08, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Sa4877: however, those are not our inclusion standards. Our inclusion standard is that it should add something that is not and cannot be incorporated, and which is so noteworthy that it then needs to be linked (see Wikipedia:External Links for more info; see also Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not). As it is a blogspot, it does not seem to be a special authority that yields so much more information than what can be included in this list article, or in the individual articles about the mosques linked from this page. The page is a list of mosques in UAE, and that should be a complete list, linking to articles and properly referenced. In the external links is already a list linked as well (which in itself already seems superfluous), and this blogspot is yet another list. Missing images can be taken and uploaded, so this link is, per our inclusion standards, superfluous. --Dirk Beetstra T C 09:20, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
I don't want to produce any spam. Please point me what place of Wikipedia is appropriate for such information? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Spacedrone808 (talk • contribs) 04:41, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Spacedrone808: well, overall appropriateness is the question. It is not our goal to write a linkfarm, we write content. External links should be kept to a minimum. There is no real need to add these links. Please have a look through the policies and guidelines that were posted to your user talk page. --Dirk Beetstra T C 05:17, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
I tried to insert a picture in Krishna Athal's page in the RHS small panel, but it didn't work. How to proceed? My friend recommanded me to insert a picture from that Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6in64t8a0kqicra/1.png?dl=0
Could it be possible at your level to insert it for me in the RHS small panel, insertion an encryption "Krishna Athal" under the picture? Many thanks in advance.
- @Ekasringavatar: you need to upload the image on Wikipedia (taking into account the appropriate rules for images) using the Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard. You cannot insert an image by linking to an external source. I cannot do that for you, as you are the person responsible for and knowledgeable about this image. I hope this helps. --Dirk Beetstra T C 10:50, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
I sincerely apologise for every inconvenient since it's the first time that I am modifying a Wikipedia article as a new user.
I understand about the risk regarding insertion of external link. However, I don't agree that Krishna Athal's page has reverted to its previous version since I know that person and that there are some information which aren't correct:
- The controversy paragraph: I have checked the references to that paragraph and even have been looking for some other articles certifying about Krishna's controversies, and none of the pages exist anymore. By the same way, Krishna himself allowed me, as per my request, to remove the controversy paragraph, since those are fake information regarding him.
- Some external links to the references don't work properly, which made that I allowed myself to check all those links and to retrieve the correct ones to allow the readers discovering those links properly.
- There were even some references where there weren't any links to them, and I don't agree on that point since it's important to include links to allow readers discovering them.
- I have taken in consideration the picture insertion procedure and I will try my best according to your policy and instructions.
I shall then be grateful if you could revert the previous version to the one modified by me today to do the necessary modifications. By the same way, I am asking you a permission, when modifications are done, to copy and paste Krishna Athal's page since I will use my own references on it and which are those same external links.
- @Ekasringavatar: There are no versions to revert to - all your edits are full of in-text external links, and all of those should be edited out. Moreover, you use formatting that is not used on Wikipedia. I strongly suggest that you edit the information according to those guidelines. Thanks. --Dirk Beetstra T C 12:40, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello XLinkBot, hope all is well. I was wondering if you can undelete the page "Tony Granger." The biographical information on the page is accurate and I was just about to update it with more current information. I appreciate your help in advance. Thank you. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:38, 19 July 2016 (UTC)G