User talk:Vito Genovese
- 1 Hoş geldiniz!
- 2 Muazzez İlmiye Çığ
- 3 Hey! Vito Genovese!
- 4 Selam
- 5 Thanks
- 6 RFCN result
- 7 Re: JS Request
- 8 Re: Request to use HAPPI in Turkish Wikipedia
- 9 Greetings!
- 10 I was wrong and do need your expertise in Hungarian
- 11 EFM request
- 12 engellenme
- 13 Finally finishing the HAPPI port
- 14 wikEd translation
- 15 You are now a Reviewer
- 16 Tayyip Erdogan gender equality remarks
- 17 Sayfa yaratıldı mı silindi mi ?
- 18 Kukla
- 19 Gazetelerin durumu
- 20 wikEd translation
Muazzez İlmiye Çığ
I don't speak Turkish, but I thought it'd be neat if tr:Muazzez İlmiye Çığ were translated into English. That way, it could be translated from English into many languages. From one translator to another, maybe you could help! ;)--Zantastik talk 09:02, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hello Zantastik,
- I'd love to translate it, but after a quick research i found out that it's a copyright violation. After 7 days the article will probably be cleaned and most likely be a stub. But i'll keep your pleasant request in mind and translate it when we have some quality material about Mrs. Çığ.
- Vito Genovese 12:54, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- Well, first of all, thanks for checking it out for copyright violations first! And I thank you most kindly for agreeing to translate it once the Turkish article is re-written. Mrs. Çığ sounds like quite an interesting figure, and I'm sure there's a lot more about her in Turkish than in any other language. --Zantastik talk 20:38, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
Hey! Vito Genovese!
Zannedersem yas konusunda hakli idin, ama haberler degistikçe makalede her iki dakikada bir edit yedigi için olan referanslara sadik kalinmasi için genel bir çaba içerisindeydim, that's all :)
Ya sonunda Turkiye makalesi de seçkin oldu ama makale o konuma gelene kadar binbir dereden su geldi. Biliyorsun Ingilizce Wiki'de Turkiye hakkindaki sayfalarda boyle bir statuye gelene kadar insanin basini yiyorlar edit-war, revert falan derken.. Ama simdi çok stabl, FA oldugundan beri bir tek bile edit-war vs yok. Darisi diger sayfalarin basina :) Baristarim 21:43, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
Thank you. Don't know why it didin't catch those in the RV in John Wayne I must have missed it. Darn it. Thanks so much for catching and fixing it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xiahou (talk • contribs) 02:04, 10 February 2007 (UTC).
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia!
I hope not to seem unfriendly or make you feel unwelcome, but I noticed your username, and I am concerned that it might not meet Wikipedia's username policy. After you look over that policy, could we discuss that concern here?
I'd appreciate learning your own views, for instance your reasons for wanting this particular name, and what alternative username you might accept that avoids raising this concern.
You have several options freely available to you:
- If you can relieve my concern through discussing it here, I can stop worrying about it.
- If the two of us can't agree here, we can ask for help through Wikipedia's dispute resolution process, such as requesting comments from other Wikipedians. Wikipedia administrators usually abide by agreements reached through this process.
- You can keep your contributions history under a new username. Visit Wikipedia:Changing username and follow the guidelines there.
Let me reassure you that my writing here means I don't think your username is grossly, blatantly, or obviously inappropriate; such names get reported straight to Wikipedia:Usernames for administrator attention or blocked on sight. This is more a case where opinions might differ, and it would be good to reach some consensus — either here or at Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User names. So I look forward to a friendly discussion, and to enjoying your continued participation on Wikipedia. Thank you. --188.8.131.52 10:00, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
Re: JS Request
Truly, I can't find the problem in the code, but there has to be one. Try asking Amalthea; he's very good with code, and he's more active than I am at the moment.
I really am sorry that I can't do more to help. Were it not for school, I would have more time on my hands, but school sucks it away like a vacuum. So in referring you to someone else, I'm not trying to shrug you off or anything like that; it's just that doing so would be more germane to your desired result. Your friend, —Animum (talk) 23:32, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
Re: Request to use HAPPI in Turkish Wikipedia
- I just added another (belated) reply. --EpochFail(talk|work) 16:58, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- Progress update. --EpochFail(talk|work) 23:36, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
User:JMilburn suggested that I talk to you. I can't speak Turkish, and I'm trying to help a photographer from Flickr change her copyright license to a CC-BY-SA license instead of her copyright. Her English isn't very good, although it isn't my first language, either. (I spend a lot of time trying to find photos for musician-work-group photos, and for biographical articles about musicians, with a focus on slide guitarists, and bass guitarists, etc.) She adapted a Creative Commons license, but chose the wrong one, with the "BY-SA" but a non-commercial icon too. I'd really like to get these two photos of Ron Wood and Mick Jagger, during a period of time in the career of the Rolling Stones where it's been difficult to find free images. If in fact, she does speak Turkish, could you help her through changing the licenses to Creative Commons? She almost has it. Sorry to bother you like this. It's her first time being contacted like this. Thanks.--Leahtwosaints (talk) 23:43, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Vito, it turns out that many of her photos were taken in Budapest, however, her primary language is Italian! Whew! Sorry for the intrusion. I think between my Portuguese and Spanish we can communicate. My apologies. If ever I do have a question about using Wikimedia Commons, in English, may I ask you? I'm very much computer challenged, and it seems people assume I am quick to learn, though that isn't quite true, though I do keep trying until I learn! Right now, I'd like to learn how to add Categories there. In particular, since at present, I'm trying to begin some serious editing and referencing of the Rory Gallagher article.
I really would like to see the following categories:
- Blues rock musicians and Blues guitarists from Ireland
- Gerry McAvoy
- Nine Below Zero (an Irish blues rock band)
- Rory Gallagher Band members; (although Gallagher has his own category, aside from McAvoy, he went through a number of drummers, keyboardists, and one harmonica player. I'm also looking for someone good with discography to handle his huge volume of releases in his 47 years of life. If you can help in any way, please leave me a note on my talk page. Thanks!--Leahtwosaints (talk) 03:00, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
I was wrong and do need your expertise in Hungarian
Sorry. I got two photographers confused. After I emailed the little chart regarding Wikimedia Commons to Ezster Turbéky (same person as above)-- and whose email is: turbeky@yahoo dot com), to show her we never accept any Creative Commons licenses that permit the non-commercial part, she became upset and wrote back saying that she has used the BY-NC-SA license before, and she is "NOT A FOOL". Her English is so limited, I'm not able to explain anything about the non-ommercial option in Creatuve Commons being a strong rule here. (I don't even know why we don't accept the NC poliicy either) Normally, I'd just give up, but I don't want her leaving thinking we tried to trick her just to get her (mediocre) photos for some commercial purpose. Will you help and email her? I told her an Admin. or higher would respond in (hopefully) her language. Please respond on my talk page either way? Thanks. --Leahtwosaints (talk) 08:07, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
engellendiğim için seninle burdan iiletişime geçebiliyorum sanırım heabım başka biri tarafından kullanıldı ben zgr34 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:25, 31 January 2010 (UTC) bana ulaşırsan sevinirim iyi çalışmalar.. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:26, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
Finally finishing the HAPPI port
I finally found the time to get back to work on the HAPPI port to generalize language. I need your help. I've created a language file for English and I need a similar file for Turkish. Do you think you could help me out? --EpochFail(talk|work) 22:33, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
Just popping in for a quick update. I've run my first successful test with the language file. There is just a little more testing with the server and our caching system before I'll be able to sign off on it. Work has been awful. I'm actually squeezing work on HAPPI in while I am blocking on other activities. Despite this, I think we'll be able release with confidence by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience! --EpochFail(talk|work) 02:19, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Everything is now in a more or less working state. If you add
importScriptURI("http://wikipedia.grouplens.org/HAPPI/HAPPI.js?language=tr"); to your monobook.js in the Turkish WP, it should work. I'm still having a little trouble with some parts of the language file, but it is getting read. The server-side processing (using GroupLens' servers) is working too. Please test it out when you have a chance. I'll try to clean up the language bugs in the next couple of days. --EpochFail(talk|work) 16:24, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
Hi Vito Genovese, I have updated all wikEd translations to the latest version 0.9.91. Please feel free to check your translation for changes and new additions. You can find general informations on the wikEd translation project page. Cacycle (talk) 22:52, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, will be commencing a two-month trial at approximately 23:00, 2010 June 15 (UTC).
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under flagged protection. Flagged protection is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial.
When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.
Tayyip Erdogan gender equality remarks
Hi there. I've recently updated Tayyip Erdogan's Wiki page with his statements that "he does not believe in gender equality" and "all families must have at least three children" along with the criticism these remarks caused. However, even though I have cited multiple NPOV references, there are some ideologically-driven users who want to delete the passage no matter what. Please help. The relevant links are below. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:08, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Recep_Tayyip_Erdo.C4.9Fan_gender_equality_edit_war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:BLPN#Edit_war_at_Recep_Tayyip_Erdo.C4.9Fan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan#Justice
Sayfa yaratıldı mı silindi mi ?
İyi günler Vito Genovese,Türkçe Wiki de 80 dolayında İngilizce Wiki de 350 dolayında madde başlatmış ve kendini deneyimli sayan bir kullanıcıyım. Ama bugün Wiki den aldığım iletiyi bir türlü çözemedim.İletide "Wikipedia'daki Kullanıcı mesaj:Nedim Ardoğa başlıklı sayfa 28 Mart 2011 tarihinde Vito Genovese tarafından yaratıldı" yazıyor. Bu ne anlama geliyor ? Ben zaten bir buçuk yıl önce hiç görüşüm alınmadan 1 dakikalık komik bir mahkeme sonunda, Türkçe Wiki'ye girme hakkını kaybetmiş bir kullanıcıyım. Girebileceğim bir sayfa yok. Hangi sayfa yaratıldı, ya da zaten giremediğim sayfa mı silindi ? Öyle anlaşılıyor ki otomatik iletilerde bir ifade sorunu yaşanıyor. Esenlikler ve iyi çalışmalar dilerim. Nedim Ardoğa (talk) 13:16, 29 March 2011 (UTC)
İlginiz için çok teşekkür ederim. Elbette ki bekleyebilirim. Lütfen beni habersiz bırakmayın, gerçekten de sabırsızlanıyorum. Tekrar teşekkürler, iyi vikiler... Berkaysnklf 15 April, 2011, 18:56 (UTC)
- Aceleciğim için özür dilerim, davadaki son durum nedir acaba?? Berkaysnklf 24 April, 2011, 12:37 (UTC)
- Geciken cevabınız hiç önemli değil. Beklemekten başka çarem yok sanırsam :) Tekrar çok teşekkürler... Ayrıca son bir soru daha... Bu süreç içerisinde başka bir IP adresinden yeni üyelik alıp katkılarıma devam etmek istiyorum. Umarım bir sakıncası yoktur. İstediğiniz zaman cevaplayabilirsiniz. İyi çalışmalar... İyi vikiler... Berkaysnklf 03 May, 2011, 21:02 (UTC)
Pekala bekliyeceğim.. :) Çok minnetarım... İyi akşamlar, iyi vikiler; Berkaysnklf 07 May, 2011, 17:59 (UTC)
- Türkçe Vikipedi'de başınıza gelenleri okudum. Çok geçmiş olsun öncelikle ayrıca bu zorluklara rağmen bana verdiğiniz sözü tutmak için çalışmanız gerçekten takdiri hak ediyor. Temmuz Ayı gelmek üzere bende son durumu öğrenmek istedim.. Ne durumda? Sunma aşamasına geldi mi? Gelmediyse hiç sorun değil.. Teşekkürler; Berkaysnklf 22 June, 2011, 10:10 (UTC)
Merhaba Vito. Konunun uzmanı olarak http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikipedi_tart%C4%B1%C5%9Fma:K%C3%B6y_%C3%A7e%C5%9Fmesi#L.C3.BCtfen_Kangren_Olmu.C5.9F_.C5.9Eu_Sorunu_A.C3.A7.C4.B1kl.C4.B1.C4.9Fa_Kavu.C5.9Ftural.C4.B1m._Maddenin_.C4.B0.C3.A7eri.C4.9Fimi_.C3.96nemlidir_G.C3.B6r.C3.BCnt.C3.BCs.C3.BC_m.C3.BC..3F.3F şu tartışmaya göz atabilir misin? Özetle: Çok miktarda okunabilir durumdaki yazı, fotoğraf ve çizimlerden oluşan gazete sayfaları Türkçe Vikipedi'ye aktarıldı. Belki bir sorun yoktur, kesinlikle hatalı olduğunu iddia etmiyorum, ama emin olmakta yarar var. Saygılar, Filanca (talk) 10:16, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Hi Vito Genovese,
I have updated your wikEd translation to the current version (0.9.119c). It would be great if you could find the time to translate the new additions into English. Please let me know here if you have any questions or suggestions.