From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
According to tradition it is one of the oldest noble families in Wallachia.
- Enache Văcărescu (1654 - 1714) grand treasurer of Wallachia
- Ienăchiță Văcărescu (1730 - 1796) poet, wrote the first Romanian grammar
- Alecu Văcărescu (died 1798), poet
- Nicolae Văcărescu (died 1830), poet
- Barbu Văcărescu (died 1832), the last Great Ban of Craiova
- Iancu Văcărescu (1786 - 1863), poet
- Claymoor (Mișu Văcărescu) (ca. 1843 - 1903), journalist
- Maurice Paléologue (1859 - 1944), writer and French diplomat
- Elena Văcărescu (1864 - 1947), poet
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Vacarescu". Encyclopædia Britannica. 27 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.