Vaazha Vaitha Deivam
|Vaazha Vaitha Deivam|
Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||M. A. Thirumugam|
|Produced by||Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Thevar|
|Written by||Aaroor Dass|
|Starring||Gemini Ganesan |
T. S. Balaiah
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
|Cinematography||C. V. Moorthy|
|Edited by||M. A. Thirumugam |
M. G. Balu Rao
M. A. Mariyappan
|28 August 1959|
Vaazha Vaitha Deivam (English: God who made us to live) is 1959 Tamil Romantic - Drama film, directed by M. A. Thirumugam and produced by Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Thevar under his productions, Thevar Films. The script was written by Aarur Doss. Music was by K. V. Mahadevan. It stars Gemini Ganesan and B. Sarojadevi playing lead, with T. S. Balaiah, V. K. Ramaswamy, S. V. Subbaiah, P. Kannamba and T. P. Muthulakshmi playing pivotal roles. The film was dubbed into Telugu as Karmika Vijayam.
The story, rather complicated, is set against a rural backdrop. It is about two families with certain individuals, who create misunderstandings between them. A young man and a woman from the two families fall in love and undergo tribulations which include kidnapping and attempted murder. The mother is a unifying force, who has her own struggles before she brings all of them together in a happy ending.
- Gemini Ganesan
- B. Sarojadevi
- T. S. Balaiah
- P. Kannamba
- S. V. Subbaiah
- T. P. Muthulakshmi
- V. K. Ramaswamy
- K. Malathi
- V. R. Rajagopal
- G. Sakunthala
- T. S. Muthaiah
- Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Thevar
- Master Murali
- Art: P. P. Choudry
- Stills: K. G. Velappan
- Processing: V. D. S. Sundaram by Vijaya Lab
- Publicity: M. Veera Raghavalu and K. Arunachalam
- Properties: Cine Crafts and Dr. Giri Museum
- Audiography: T. S. Rangasamy
- Audiography (Song): W. Narasimma Moorthy
- Choreography: Chopra, Hiralal and S. M. Rajkumar
- Stunt: Stunt Somu
- Cine Effect: R. Jayarama Reddy
Randor Guy stated in his article that in the story were woven interesting elements such as Jallikattu (Taming of the bulls) and Cheetah fighting the bull. The film was well directed, and the lead pairs Ganesan and Sarojadevi contributed well to the romantic sequences; Kannamaba played the sacrificing mother convincingly.
Music was by K. V. Mahadevan and lyrics were written by Thanjai N. Ramaiah Dass, A. Maruthakasi, Pattukottai Kalyanasundaram, A. S. Narayanan and Kovai Kumaradevan.Playback singers were T. M. Soundararajan S. C. Krishnan, P. Suseela, K. Jamuna Rani, A. G. Rathnamala and L. R. Eswari
|1||"Kaaveri Thaan Singari"||T. M. Soundararajan & P. Suseela||03:16|
|2||"Engi Malai Uchiyile"||T. M. Soundararajan||04:22|
|3||"Kolli Malai Saaralile"||S. C. Krishnan & L. R. Eswari||02:51|
|4||"Chinnaala Patti"||T. M. Soundararajan||03:28|
|5||"Vennilave Kaadhal Kadhai"||P. Suseela||04:09|
|6||"Anna Nadaikkaari"||T. M. Soundararajan||02:57|
|7||"Vaazha Vaitha Deivam"||T. M. Soundararajan & L. R. Eswari||03:13|
- Randor Guy (11 March 2013). "Blast from the Past — Vaazhavaitha Deivam 1959". "The Hindu". Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "A Journey with K. V. Mahadevan". tfmapge. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Vazha Vaitha Deivam". In.com India. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Vaazha Vaitha Deivam Songs". gaana. Retrieved 22 August 2016.