Lend Lease Infrastructure
|Strategic Business Unit|
|Industry||Construction, Civil engineering|
|Revenue||see Lend Lease Group|
Number of employees
|20,000 (2011) |
Lend Lease Infrastructure (formerly Valemus and Bilfinger Berger Australia, trading as Lend Lease) is the second largest construction and engineering specialist business in Australia and a division of Lend Lease Group.
It is active in the civil engineering, building and property, mining and resources, telecommunications, electrical, infrastructure services, engineering services and environmental services industries.
Lend Lease Infrastructure was originally established as Bilfinger Berger Australia (BBA) in 2004 as the holding company of Bilfinger Berger AG (BBAG)’s investments in Australia. BBAG had acquired Baulderstone Hornibrook in 1993 and Abigroup in 2004. Bilfinger Berger Services was created in November 2005 by transferring the services businesses owned by Abigroup and Baulderstone to a new services focused company. In November 2009 it was announced that consideration was being given to floating BBA on the Australian Securities Exchange via an initial public offering (IPO) and in June 2010 BBA changed its name to Valemus but the listing was abandoned in July 2010. In March 2011 the company was acquired by Lend Lease Group.
Lend Lease Infrastructure consists of three operating companies which are autonomous entities:
- Lend Lease Infrastructure Service, formerly Conneq, formerly Bilfinger Berger Services
Major projects undertaken by Lend Lease Infrastructure included:
- Anzac Bridge – Baulderstone NSW, completed in 1995
- Graham Farmer Freeway - Baulderstone WA, completed in 2000
- University of Queensland, Australian Institute of Bioscience and Nanotechnology – Abigroup, QLD, completed in 2006
- Hume Highway Albury bypass - Abigroup, NSW, completed in 2007
- Port River Expressway - Abigroup, SA, completed in 2008
- Royal Women's Hospital - Baulderstone, VIC, completed in 2008
- University of Sydney, Jane Foss Russell Building - Abigroup, NSW, completed in 2009
- Kurilpa Bridge - Baulderstone, QLD, completed in 2009
- Clem Jones Tunnel – Baulderstone, QLD, completed in 2010
- Gateway Bridge Duplication – Abigroup, QLD, completed in 2011
- Southern Queensland Correctional Centre – Baulderstone, QLD, completed in 2012
- Queensland Children's Hospital – Abigroup, QLD, completed in 2014
- Annual Report 2008
- "Valemus float slugged by market falls". The Sydney Morning Herald. 8 June 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- "Bilfinger Berger considers up to $1.5bn IPO of Australian assets". Michael Bennet (The Australian). 10 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Bearish markets maul initial public offerings Courier Mail, 9 July 2010
- Lend Lease to Keep Valemus Separate in Short Term After Purchase, CEO Says Bloomberg, 17 February 2011
- ANZAC Bridge at Structurae
- Graham Farmer Freeway - Perth Australian Tunnelling Society
- Construction site
- Albury Wodonga Hume Freeway project
- Decision in Abigroup Port River Expressway litigation
- Melbourne Health Media Release 11 April 2005. Accessed 9 June 2010
- Jane Foss Russell Building | The University of Sydney
- The finalists for the 2010 Australian Construction Achievement Award
- Clem Jones Tunnel - an engineering feat
- Brisbane's new Gateway Bridge progressing International Construction, 19 March 2010
- "Southern Queensland Correctional Precinct". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Abigroup appointed managing contractor of Queensland Children’s Hospital". Construction Contractor. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-05.