This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Under his leadership, the Chorus won four Grammy Awards, including Best Choral Album (for Brahms' "A German Requiem" and Orff's "Carmina Burana") and Classical Album of the Year. The SFS Chorus was also nominated for a fifth Grammy (Best Crossover Recording, "Christmas by the Bay").
Vance George graduated from Goshen College and Indiana University, and was awarded an honorary doctorate in 1997 by Kent State University. In 1999, Chorus America presented him with a Lifetime Achievement Award. He was inducted as a National Patron of Delta Omicron, an international professional music fraternity on April 3, 2008.
- Vance George Official Website
- Joshua Kosman, S.F. Symphony Chorus director to leave at end of '05-06 season, San Francisco Chronicle, August 19, 2004
- "Delta Omicron". Archived from the original on 2010-01-27. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- Delta Omicron News April 3, 2008
- "NMC Newsletter Summer 2008" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2010-04-05.