|Elevation||1,867 ft (569 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1380708|
Vancourt is an unincorporated community in eastern Tom Green County, Texas, United States. It lies along U.S. Route 87 east of the city of San Angelo, the county seat of Tom Green County. Its elevation is 1,867 feet (569 m). Although Vancourt is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 76955; the ZCTA for ZIP Code 76955 had a population of 108 at the 2000 census.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Vancourt has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 99.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Vancourt, Texas
- Zip Code Lookup
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Vancourt, Texas, Handbook of Texas Online, 2008-01-10. Accessed 2008-08-14.
- Climate Summary for Vancourt, Texas
|This article about a location in Tom Green County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|