Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival
The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival (VCBF) is an annual spring festival held in Vancouver, British Columbia to celebrate the beauty of Vancouver’s cherry trees. The festival’s fundamental objectives includes public education through seasonal, cherry-themed, city-wide viewing programs, musical performances, and fine art and craft exhibitions. It enables Vancouverites and those in surrounding areas to appreciate the beauty of cherry blossoms.
The eighth annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival ran from April 3 to April 28, 2014.
The Festival has a roster of events that are put on every year. This year (2015), the Festival will be featuring:
- Haiku Invitational
- Sakura Night
- Plein-Air Blossom Painting
- Cherry Jam Downtown Concert
- Sakura Illumination
- Kite Dance
- Cherry Blossom Picnics
- Sakura Days Japan Fair
- Blossom Bollywood and Kite Dance
- Bike the Blossom
- Tree Talks and Walks
- BC Blossom Watch Photo Contest
For more information, please visit their official website.
- Douglas Justice (2008). Ornamental Cherries in Vancouver (First ed.). Vancouver, Canada: The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-9811521-0-3.