Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival (VCBF) is an annual spring festival held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to celebrate the beauty of Vancouver’s cherry trees. The festival’s fundamental objectives includes public education through seasonal, cherry-themed, citywide viewing programs, musical performances, and fine art and craft exhibitions. It enables Vancouverites and those in surrounding areas to appreciate the beauty of cherry blossoms.
The ninth annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival ran from April 3 to April 28, 2014.
The Festival has a roster of events that are put on every year. This year (2015), the Festival will be featuring:
- Haiku Invitational
- Sakura Night
- Plein-Air Blossom Painting
- Cherry Jam Downtown Concert
- Sakura Illumination
- Kite Dance
- Cherry Blossom Picnics
- Sakura Days Japan Fair
- Blossom Bollywood and Kite Dance
- Bike the Blossom
- Tree Talks and Walks
- BC Blossom Watch Photo Contest
For more information, please visit their official website.
- Douglas Justice (2008). Ornamental Cherries in Vancouver (First ed.). Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-9811521-0-3.