|Directed by||A. Mohan Gandhi|
|Screenplay by||A. Mohan Gandhi|
|Story by||P. Kalaimani|
|Based on||Theertha Karaiyinile|
|Produced by||Sravanthi Ravi Kishore|
|Edited by||P. Gowthan Raju|
Varasudochadu (transl. The heir has arrived) is a 1988 Indian Telugu-language drama film, produced by Sravanthi Ravi Kishore under the Sri Sravanthi Movies banner and directed by A. Mohan Gandhi. It stars Venkatesh, Suhasini and Mohan Babu, with music composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was recorded as a Hit at the box office. The film was a remake of Tamil film Theertha Karaiyinile.
Bose an unemployed man, once met with an accident and was admitted to the hospital. There, he meets a TB patient, Raghu, who is going to die in a few days; both of them become good friends. Raghu tells Bose regarding his past that he is the son of Dupathi Seshamma, a major landlord in a village. Raghu used to do a lot of mischief in his childhood; one day his friend Seenu died because of his mistake and he ran away from home. After listening to his story, Bose tells him to go back to his village, but since he will not live for many days, he sends Bose in his place.
Bose reaches the village as Raghu, everyone accepts him as Raghu except Ammiraju and Subba Raju sons-in-law of Dupathi Seshamma, who are eagerly waiting for their mother-in-law's property. They try in many ways to eliminate Raghu / Bose but fail, finally, they want to make their daughters Bujji and Baby's marriage with him. Meanwhile, Raghu / Bose falls in love with a girl Annapurna, the sister of Seenu, whom Raghu killed in childhood. In the beginning, she hates him but after knowing the truth, she also loves him. Columbus, who knows the entire story regarding Bose and Raghu comes to the village and starts blackmailing Raghu / Bose. At the same time, the original Raghu also enters the village to spend his last days with his mother.
Meanwhile, Ammiraju and Subba Raju start torturing Annapurna, to remove her from Raghu / Bose's life. Simultaneously, Raghu is in his last minutes, even then he sends Bose to protect Annapurna. Seshamma listens to everything and learns who is her original son. Finally, Bose saves Annapurna, and reveals the truth to everyone, Seshamma accepts Bose also as her son, and Raghu dies, leaving his mother's responsibility to Bose.
- Venkatesh as Bose / Raghu
- Suhasini as Annapurna
- Mohan Babu as Ambaji Rao
- Gollapudi Maruthi Rao as Ammiraju
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Gandaiah
- Tanikella Bharani as Columbus
- Mallikarjuna Rao as Konda
- Vasanth as original Raghu
- Ramana Reddy as Lingam
- Chidatala Appa Rao
- Rama Prabha as Raghu's first elder sister
- Sri Lakshmi as Raghu's second elder sister
- Malashri as Bujji
- Sandya as Baby
- Dubbing Janaki as Annapurna's mother
- Nirmalamma as Doopati Seshamma
|1.||"Nee Andam"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra||4:40|
|2.||"Pachi Pala"||Vennelakanti||Chitra, S. P. Sailaja||4:42|
|3.||"Gujjina Gudi"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra||4:35|
|4.||"Chempadebba"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:34|
|5.||"Jamjanaku Jhanaku"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela||4:37|
|6.||"Eladri Venkanna"||Jaladhi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:43|
- "Success and centers list – Venkatesh". idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 1 June 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Happy Birthday Venkatesh: These 6 Feel-Good Movies of the Victory Hero will leave a big smile on your face". The Times of India. 13 December 2019. Archived from the original on 13 December 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Suhasini replaced Radha in Varasudochhadu". The Times of India. 26 April 2014. Archived from the original on 28 September 2021. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- "Varasudochadu". JioSaavn. Archived from the original on 27 December 2018. Retrieved 13 December 2019.