14 July 1954 |
Secunderabad, Hyderabad State, India
(now in Telangana, India)
|Occupation||Actor, writer and film director|
|Parent(s)||Sethu Ramalingeswara Rao
Tanikella Bharani (Telugu: తనికెళ్ళ భరణి; born 14 July 1954) is an Indian film actor, screenwriter, dialogue writer, poet, theatre actor, playwright and director predominant in Telugu cinema. He has worked in more than 750 films (Including Tamil, Kannada and Hindi). He has garnered three Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Awards.
Bharani’s ancestry includes poets and literary figures of Telugu literature. Diwakarla Venkatavadhani and Viswanatha Satyanarayana were his grand uncles. Divakarla Tirupati Sastry one of the Telugu poet duo Tirupati Venkata Kavulu were his great-grand-uncles.
He is fluent in Tamil and Hindi in addition to his native Telugu.
Bharani did stage plays in the mid 70s and during this time he made the acquaintance of Rallapalli, a Tollywood actor. With his help Bharani started writing small dialogues and stage scenes. Later, he took a diploma in Theatre arts. Following Rallapalli's advice he moved to Chennai.
He started his career as a dialogue writer for Kanchu Kavachum in 1984. and has written dialogues for various movies like Ladies Tailor (1985 film), Sri Kanaka Mahalakshmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987), Varasudochhadu (1988), Chettu Kinda Pleader (1989), Swara Kalpana (1989), and Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi (2004). Bharani also penned and sung the lyrics of Gundammagaari Manavadu (Bhale Bhaleti Mandu).
He has acted in more than 500 movies starting with Ladies Tailor (1985) & Sri Kanaka Mahalakshmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987) in which he was seen as Dora Babu. In 1989 he appeared in the hit film Shiva by Ram Gopal Varma which starred Nagarjuna. With the release of the film Shiva, he received much recognition and his character Nanaji impressed the whole Telugu audience.
He also played the lead role in the Hindi comedy film Main Tere Pyar Mein Pagal in 1999. His powerful antagonism in Samudram won him the Nandi award as the Best Villain. After 2000, he started playing more mature roles in movies like Manmadhudu (2002), Okariki Okaru (2003), Samba (2004), Malliswari, Godavari (2006), and Happy (2006).
- Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer - Shiva
- Best Villain - Samudhram
- Best Character Actor - Nuvvu Nenu
- Sangam Academy Awards
- Awards for Short Films (as a Director)
- Tenth Mumbai International Film Festival Award
- Idaho Panhandle - Hyderabad International Film Festival Award for Sira-The Ink
- Plays (Drama)
- Jambu Dweepam
- Chal Chal Gurram
- Song compositions
- Neelona Sividu kaladu is a composition of 7 songs written by Sri Tanikella Bharani.
- Sabhash raa sankara! Is composition by Bharani about the Concept of Siva(శివ తత్వమ్).
- Naamanasu Kothi raa Raama !
- Spiritual Books
- Tanikella Bharani Filmography, Tanikella Bharani Movies, Tanikella Bharani Films - entertainment.oneindia.in
- Nitya, Nag bag awards on star-studded night | The Hindu
- Tanikella Bharani felicitated on completion of 25 years in Telugu film industry
- Parikini By Tanikella Bharani - Kinige - An Online Store For Indian eBooks
- Nakshatra Darsanam By Tanikella Bharani - Kinige - An Online Store For Indian eBooks
- Tanikella Bharani To Release His 'Maathralu'
- Jandhya Marutam Book release by Chiranjeevi - Pulagam Chinnarayana on Jandhyala films
- Display Books of this Author