Vasil Hristov Chekalarov (Bulgarian: Васил Христов Чекаларов) or Vasil Tcakalarov (1874, Smardesh, Ottoman Empire, today Krystallopigi, Florina regional unit, Greece - July 9, 1913, Belkamen, today Drosopigi, Florina regional unit) was a Bulgarian revolutionary and one of the leaders of Internal Macedonian-Adrianople Revolutionary Organisation in Aegean Macedonia. H. N. Brailsford described Chekalarov as the "cruel but competent general" of the Bulgarian insurgents in Macedonia. In the Republic of Macedonia he is considered Ethnic Macedonian.
He was a leading komitaji in the bands of the Bulgarian Macedonian-Adrianople Revolutionary Committees and took part in the battles against the Ottoman authorities as well before the Ilinden-Preobrazhenie Uprising as after it. In 1901-1902 he created a channel for illegal purchase and transfer of firearms from Greece to Southern Macedonia. In 1904 he migrated into Bulgaria and became one of the Internal Macedonian-Adrianople Revolutionary Organization (IMARO) organizers of the military campaign against the Greek Struggle for Macedonia.
As a commander of a Bulgarian guerilla band, Chekalarov supported the Greek army in the First Balkan War 1912-1913. Later he fought on the side of the Bulgarian Army on the front in Eastern Thrace in the composition of the Macedonian-Adrianopolitan Volunteer Corps. He was killed by Greek troops during the Second Balkan War.
- Chekalarov, Vasil. Diary 1901-1903, Sofia 2001 (in Bulgarian)
- A folk song about Vasil Chakalarov at YouTube
- Лазар Поптрайков - "Въстанието в Костурско; от 20 юлий до 30 август вкл.", публикувано в "Бюлетин на в. Автономия; Задграничен лист на Вътрешната македоно-одринска организация", брой 44-47, София, 1903 година Report about the Ilinden uprising written by Lazar Poptrajkov, Vasil Chakalarov, Manol Rozov, Pando Klyashev and Mihail Nikolov
- Vacalopoulos, Apostolos. Modern history of Macedonia (1830-1912), Thessaloniki 1988, p. 192
- Чекаларов, Васил. Дневник 1901-1903, София 2001, с. 91, 122, 140, 188, 197 (Chekalarov, Vasil. Diary 1901-1903, Sofia 2001, p. 91, 122, 140, 188, 197)
- Brailsford, H. N. Macedonia: Its Races and Their Future, London 1906, p. 145
- Силянов, Христо. От Витоша до Грамос. Пътят на една чета през Освободителната война 1912, София 1920, Македоно-Одринско опълчение 1912-1913. Личен състав по документите на Дирекция "Централен военен архив", София 2006, с. 794, 892.