Vegas Oil and Gas
|Industry||Petroleum and gas exploration|
|SE Europe, Northern Africa|
|Vardis Vardinogiannis (Chairman)
Hussein Kamel (V. Chairman)
Giannis Vardinogiannis (CEO)
|Products||Oil and Gas production|
|Profit||€131 million (2014)|
|Total assets||€4.6 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Motor Oil Hellas|
Vegas is wholly owned by the Vardinogiannis family.
Vegas is also a large E&P group of companies with assets in USA, Egypt and Yemen.
It is 50% shareholder and operator of the NW Gemsa concession, Circle Oil have a 40% interest and Sea Dragon Energy have the remaining 10%. Oil production from the NW Gemsa concession peaked at 9,000 bbl/d (1,400 m3/d). All gas currently produced from the field is flared, due to sub-economic, low volumes.
- "Vegas Welcomes Shell in Egyptian Concession". Rigzone. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Vegas Oil & Gas S.A.". Linkedin. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Egypt: Shell acquires interest in Alam El Shawish concession in deal with GDF Suez and Vegas Oil & Gas". Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "Sea Dragon Announces Completion of Al-Amir". Gulf oil and gas. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "Egypt oil and gas". Egypt oil and gas. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Shell Egypt to buy 40 pct of W. Desert concession". Reuters. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "Vegas booms on the exploration route". Egypt oil and gas. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "CNN money". CNN. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Vegas Oil & Gas discovers oil, gas and condensate in Egypt, Africa: Oil Review Africa, 2013