Veja Mate Offshore Wind Farm
Veja Mate among the wind farms of the German Bight
|Official name||Veja Mate Offshore Wind Farm|
|Construction began||April 4, 2016|
|Commission date||31 May 2017|
|Construction cost||1,900 M€|
|Owner(s)||Highland Group Holdings Ltd,|
Siemens Financial Services,
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
|Max. water depth||41 m|
|Distance from shore||95 km|
|Hub height||103 m|
|Rotor diameter||154 m|
|Rated wind speed||4–25 m/s|
|Site area||51 km2|
|Make and model||Siemens Wind Power: SWT-6.0-154|
|Units under const.||67 × 6.0 MW|
|Nameplate capacity||402 MW|
|Capacity factor||45.4% (projected)|
|Annual net output||1,600 GW·h|
Veja Mate is a German 402 MW offshore wind farm in the German Bight of the North Sea about 95 km northwest of Borkum. The wind farm consists of 67 Siemens Wind Power SWT-6.0-154 turbines, each with a 6 MW capacity.
In January 2017, 18 months after the financial close, the first of the turbines started delivering power to the German grid. The last turbine was installed on 25 May 2017, and commissioning activities were completed on 31 May 2017. Construction was completed in less than 23 months after financial close, almost four months ahead of the schedule agreed at financial close.
- "Veja Mate completes array cable installation". vejamate.net. Archived from the original on 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "SWT-6.0-154 (Siemens)" (PDF). thewindpower.net. 2017-01-09. Archived from the original on 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "Veja Mate Offshore About Us". vejamate.net. Archived from the original on 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Veja Mate delivers first power from the North Sea". vejamate.net. Archived from the original on 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Construction complete for 402-MW Veja Mate offshore wind park". Renewables Now. Archived from the original on 21 January 2019. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Veja Mate wind park connected to BorWin beta platform". offshorewindindustry.com. 2017-01-19. Archived from the original on 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-12.