Verano de Escándalo (2000)
|Verano de Escándalo 2000|
|Promotion||Asistencia Asesoría y Administración|
|Date||September 29, 2000|
|City||Ciudad Madero, Mexico|
|Verano de Escándalo chronology|
The 2000 Verano de Escándalo (Spanish for "Summer of Scandal") was the fourth annual Verano de Escándalo professional wrestling show promoted by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA). The show took place on September 29, 2000, in Madero, Mexico. The main event featured a tag team match that saw Heavy Metal and Perro Aguayo Jr. face off against Latin Lover and Héctor Garza.
First held during the summer of 1997 the Mexican professional wrestling, company Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA, or Triple A; Spanish for "Assistance, Consulting, and Administration") began holding a major wrestling show during the summer, most often in September, called Verano de Escándalo ("Summer of Scandal"). The Verano de Escándalo show was an annual event from 1997 until 2011, then AAA did not hold a show in 2012 and 2013 before bringing the show back in 2014, but this time in June, putting it at the time AAA previously held their Triplemanía show. In 2012 and 2013 Triplemanía XX and Triplemanía XXI was held in August instead of the early summer. The show often features championship matches or Lucha de Apuestas or bet matches where the competitors risked their wrestling mask or hair on the outcome of the match. In Lucha Libre the Lucha de Apuetas match is considered more prestigious than a championship match and a lot of the major shows feature one or more Apuesta matches. The 2000 Verano de Escándalo show was the fourth show in the series.
The Verano de Escándalo show featured seven professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing, scripted feuds, plots, and storylines. Wrestlers were portrayed as either heels (referred to as rudos in Mexico, those that portray the "bad guys") or faces (técnicos in Mexico, the "good guy" characters) as they followed a series of tension-building events, which culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
- General sources
- "Asistencia Asesoría y Administración Verano de Escándalo". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "Verano de Escándalo 2000". Box y Lucha Magazine (in Spanish). September 25, 2000. pp. 6–8. issue 2473.
- Specific references
- "SLAM! Wrestling International -- 2000: The Year-In-Review Mexico". Slam Wrestling!. Canoe.ca. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- "Asistencia Asesoría y Administración Verano de Escándalo". ProWrestlingHistory.com. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "Junio 7 - Verano de Escándalo: Plaza de Toros La Concordia, Orizaba, Veracruz". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). Retrieved June 8, 2014.
- Acosta, Carlos R. (May 31, 2012). "Triplemania XX: 5 de agosto en la Arena Ciudad de México.". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 18, 2012.