|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2012)|
Verrado is a master-planned community located in the Town of Buckeye, Arizona, approximately 25 miles (40 km) west of downtown Phoenix. The development, at the base of the White Tank Mountains, is the largest suburban community in Metropolitan Phoenix in which the concept of New Urbanism was utilized. It is planned to contain over 14,000 dwelling units at full build out. Verrado is a DMB Associates, Inc. development.
Main Street District
The development features an "old-town America" inspired Main Street with several merchants, including:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts - www.PerformingArtsUSA.org
- Ciao Grazie Pizzeria & Wine Bar
- Raven Golf Club & Verrado Grille
- Tempo Urban Bistro -http://www.tempourbanbistro.com/
Located on the second and third floors above the retail district are the Main Street Lofts, operated by PB Bell Company.
Verrado's townhouses and single-family residences radiate from the Main Street District. The design of these neighborhoods was based on that of American neighborhoods of the early twentieth century, including those of nearby Phoenix's historic districts. Some homes feature garages that are accessed from a rear alley rather than from the street to provide for a more traditional street-scape.
Verrado is situated within 3 school districts: Litchfield Elementary School District #79, Agua Fria Union High School District #216 and Saddle Mountain Unified School District #90. The community currently contains three schools, in addition to the Goddard School for Early Childhood Development (ages 6 months-6 years).
- The Goddard School (Pre-School)
- Verrado Elementary School (Pre-School and grades K-5)
- Verrado Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Heritage K-8 (Grades K-8)
- Verrado High School (Grades 9-12)
- Agua Fria Union High School District #216
- Litchfield Elementary School District #79
- Saddle Mountain Unified School District #90
- Verrado's official website